The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

On 10/31/2022 at 10:55 AM, big poppa pump said:

Cejudo is such a cringey tool, but this is kinda funny!  I'm not sure why he retired, only to talk about current fighters that he thinks he can beat?  I mean...tbf.....the Cejudo that retired should be able to beat the likes of Sterling...who knows what he still has?  I guess I'd like to see him fight O'malley, and then Sterling...

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/10/ufc-news-henry-cejudo-calls-for-sean-omalley-interim-title-fight

It was a semi-bluff. 

Him and Dana were at each other's throats about money. Dana didn't want to pay him so Cejudo said "bye, bye". 

Anyone who thinks Henry has lost a step is about to be proved very wrong. Sure, he's 35 and coming off of a layoff but this guy is a rare athlete and fantastic fighter. He'd give Sugar or Volk a lot of problems and I'd definitely put money on him winning. 

13 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

It was a semi-bluff. 

Him and Dana were at each other's throats about money. Dana didn't want to pay him so Cejudo said "bye, bye". 

Anyone who thinks Henry has lost a step is about to be proved very wrong. Sure, he's 35 and coming off of a layoff but this guy is a rare athlete and fantastic fighter. He'd give Sugar or Volk a lot of problems and I'd definitely put money on him winning. 

Ya...I'm not saying he couldn't come back, and take over the division (though I wonder what the layoff may have done)  I also get that he was salty with the contract situation.  The problem I have is him talking about how he can whoop this guy, and that guy, but is no longer fighting.  Get back in there and prove it!

Edited by big poppa pump

23 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Ya...I'm not saying he couldn't come back, and take over the division (though I wonder what the layoff may have done)  I also get that he was salty with the contract situation.  The problem I have is him talking about how he can whoop this guy, and that guy, but is no longer fighting.  Get back in there and prove it!

yea its kind of unprecedented to leave when he did at the top and yet he keeps chirping. Like Khabib rode off into the sunset and hasn't run his mouth about how he'd smash this guy and that. 

He isnt a major draw though so I get why he isnt paid a ton either

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Id watch but idk if thats a good fight for Izzy

It's not but I think that's why I like it. Could be competitive though. 

Glover would murder Izzy I think. Such a good wrestler.

if there was an elite grappler at 185... man. Mohamed Ankalaev would be the 185 champ easy if he could make that weight 

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Poirier and Chandler is an interesting fight.  I would lean towards Dustin, but they could both put each others lights out!

Same thing with the main event.  I hope Pereira puts him to sleep, but the more probable outcome is a decision by Izzy

Back pedal, back pedal, Leg kick, faint, wash rinse repeat