The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

card that got me into MMA (or at least the spot where I started watching) was UFC 172. rumble fought phil davis and i just remember thinking god dammit this is the guy i wanna see fight jones tonight. to me MMA was funnest during the mcgregor take-over period like 2014-2016 and rumble was the scariest mfer around during that era. love that stretch of mma and rumble was one of the main characters

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

feel like this is the most boring crop of champions the UFC has ever had. not most boring stylistically, but just like... most of these champions really have no air of invincibility at all.

Personally I think it's more fun that way. Watching George and Anderson was fun for a bit but also boring on occasion. And I love them both 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't know how the PFL affords the 1 million dollar purses to champions and still afford to stay open as a promotion. ESPN/Mickey Mouse must foot the bill

They have a ton of backers. IIRC, they're valued at around $500 Million as a promotion and have a lot of celebrity backers and do a lot of fundraising.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

They have a ton of backers. IIRC, they're valued at around $500 Million as a promotion and have a lot of celebrity backers and do a lot of fundraising.

Still crazy to me because after a while the celebrity backers might not see a return on their investment. 

One is definitely the 2nd best/most entertaining promotion and 2nd best talent imo