The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was a great night for betting. Actually went 4-0 for the first time in a long time

Holm Dec -105

Barber Dec -105(she didnt REALLY win but it cashed)

Sandhagen Dec +125

All 3 fights to start R3 -101

I finally hit a parlay too

Sandhagen dec + 125

Benavidez over Plant (boxing) by dec +550

10 bucks paid 125

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ufc put up alex/izzy 1 and rewatching alex did really well in the 1st two rnds and then he got taken down in the 3rd and it was bad from there until he got the finish. still think it was a pretty bad stoppage.

I feel like Izzy’s best chance 2nd time around is an early KO/TKO. Pereira was pretty much saved by the bell in the 1st round IIRC. 

Its one of those rare times I’m actively rooting for Izzy….which means he’ll probably lose lol

On 3/30/2023 at 4:00 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

ufc put up alex/izzy 1 and rewatching alex did really well in the 1st two rnds and then he got taken down in the 3rd and it was bad from there until he got the finish. still think it was a pretty bad stoppage.

Yea i think Izzy tries to wrestle more often. 

I don’t remember the last fight extremely well, but IIRC Adesanya looked fine when pressuring and moving forward, it was when he would settle back and let Pereira trap him against the fence that things really went south.

I think he needs to continuously pressure Pereira and not let him just tee off against the fence cause the dude hits like a train and it only takes one of those landing to change the whole fight. 

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I think he needs to continuously pressure Pereira and not let him just tee off against the fence cause the dude hits like a train and it only takes one of those landing to change the whole fight. 

I think that left check hook that's knocked Izzy out before and obliterated Strickland is the main reason why you can't continuously pressure Pereira though. It's always going to be in the back of Izzy's mind considering it's ended his night before.

• Like 1