The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Aljo came out the cage looking like he took a run. Dude barely got hit. 

If that’s how you judge fights then I’m assuming you think the Diaz brothers never won?

GSP always looked worse for wear after dominating fights…some people bruise/cut easier than others, and that’s not even getting into visuals of bruises with light vs dark skin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Aljo came out the cage looking like he took a run. Dude barely got hit. 

Henry still landed the harder shots. How you look after a fight has no bearing on anything at all. There's a reason why Aljo was on the ground looking like he was waiting to be mounted by a stud a few times and Henry never was. 

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

If that’s how you judge fights then I’m assuming you think the Diaz brothers never won?

GSP always looked worse for wear after dominating fights…some people bruise/cut easier than others, and that’s not even getting into visuals of bruises with light vs dark skin. 

yes, i include how often you get hit in judging. aljo was not getting hit. ppl like ppl who swing hard but aljo was blocking or rolling out the way of everything. and ppl don't count kicks for some reason? 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Henry still landed the harder shots. How you look after a fight has no bearing on anything at all. There's a reason why Aljo was on the ground looking like he was waiting to be mounted by a stud a few times and Henry never was. 

and there was a reason aljo was chilling in the 5th and cejudo was going for the finish. both of them knew aljo dominated the 1st 4 rnds. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

and there was a reason aljo was chilling in the 5th and cejudo was going for the finish. both of them knew aljo dominated the 1st 4 rnds. 

We have very different views on what "dominating" is because that was the furthest thing from a domination as one can get. There's a reason why it was a SD, my guy. Take the glasses off.

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

yes, i include how often you get hit in judging. aljo was not getting hit. ppl like ppl who swing hard but aljo was blocking or rolling out the way of everything. and ppl don't count kicks for some reason?

So again, you judge that purely odd looks? Because that’s what you said/are saying. 

I had Sterling winning, but acting like the way someone looks, especially when it’s a slight bruise/bump under an eye, is reflective of who landed more punches, is just asinine. ESPECIALLY when comparing two different skin tones lol

Loved seeing Aljo get boo'd at home, I don't even know if he has a single fan. I'm also assuming Sterling will be wearing knee pads and lip gloss tonight as he thanks Derek Cleary for that 10-9 nod in the 5th, which is just a spell binding score. 

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

So again, you judge that purely odd looks? Because that’s what you said/are saying. 

idk how you got that from what i said. i said that i judge fights on how often both fighters gets hit 

you said: i judge fights on how both fighters look after the fight

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

idk how you got that from what i said. i said that i judge fights on how often both fighters gets hit 

you said: i judge fights on how both fighters look after the fight

I got that from you saying Sterling won the fight/didn’t get hit because Cejudo had bruises and Sterling “looks like he went on bike ride”.

Edited by Pats#1

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Sorry, took a run, not a bike ride.

i missed the part where i said he won the fight because he looked clean

i pointed out how they looked because ppl were implying that aljo only landed leg kicks but he also landed more strikes to the head and cejudo was the one who was actually wearing the damage on his face. again because aljo also hit him more in the head too.