The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I just watched Harrison-Holm...

Why waste time? Just give her Pennington next. Nobody gives a **** about Pennington nor whoever could possibly challenge her. You already solidified Harrison with the win over Holm and her Olympic/judo background. Just get it over with and make it happen. 

If it was a remotely interesting division with contenders id say maybe 1 more but yea. Only thing stopping it is Pena/Rocky got beef but thats not enough. Get Harrison to the title and pray Nunes comes back

What an absolute amazing night of fights. Crazy that it lived up to the hype, and probably even exceeded expectations for all of the "this card sucks, supposed to be the best ever" crowd.

Early prelims were all great (except for Turner being a moron and costing me a nice bet).\

Lopes is that dude and is going to be exciting to watch out for. 

Kayla lived up to the hype, making light work of Holly. Not giving her a title shot would be stupid, but I'd still be a little worried about the weight. She made it down to 136, but looked dead. Need to get even further down for the championship weight.

Aljo looked good moving up even if it wasn't the most exciting fight. 

Jiri is the man.

Bo looked good, but he's going to get clipped eventually. Whether it be a knee, an uppercut, a long hook (like Weidman vs Silva), it's gonna happen when he starts facing the top competition unless he starts covering up more and I'll be glad to fade him when I think that's coming. 

Was pulling for Olives but was a good fight. Just upset it went to the cards. 

Max is the ******* man. BMF is a gimmick but he just gave it some credibility. Just sucks for every fight after this that the GOAT BMF is already set in stone. 

Missing out on my Weili ITD bets, TWICE, hurts. Rarely see Herzog with screw ups like that. I guess I'm fine letting the second round go because he was probably super close, but that fight should've ended after the first. 

Pereira is that dude. I bet Hill because talk all week from guys I respect was that his striking was more technical, but he never got a chance to get it going. Literally told Herb to back away right before finishing it. Insane night.

I know people aren't happy with Dustin getting another shot, but I'm insanely pumped. I can actually make it to that event and, even though I'm most likely going to leave disappointed, seeing Dustin finally pull it off in person would be a top 3 sporting moment ever for me. Please just don't jump a gully. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It does feel like more of a lifetime achievement award moreso than anything. Max or Armen make more sense. I guess Max fights Ilia next 

Max vs Ilia would be cool. If Max can keep the fight standing, it's very interesting. 

Armen vs Islam was the fight to make but I guess the timeline didn't matchup because of Armen fighting last night.

On 4/15/2024 at 7:33 AM, Soggust said:

i know there's divisive opinions on luke thomas but he does some good breakdowns imo and this was worth the watch if you are bored

Not bad but he's a goofball. He made a video talking about Trump being at one of the fights instead of just making a video about the fights and then took it down. How about just focus on the fights. Only problem I've had with him lately 

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jamahal Hill v Khalil Rountree in less than 3 months…that feels like an awful quick turnaround for Hill

Is there a chance....this is a co-main?