The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

This is your scheduled reminder that Vicente Luque is the most exciting, most underrated fighter in the ufc.

This guy should be appointment viewing. Every time he fights it's guaranteed to be exciting.

I really want them to match him up with a known guy - someone like Cerrone, Dos Anjos, Woodley etc - so he can get a signature win over someone people actually know. Diaz, like he said, would be great, but no way in hell Diaz comes back to take that fight.

• Like 2

After Herb Dean (rightly) got so much **** for a late stoppage last week, I just want to mention how good his stoppage was in the main event. He clearly went into the last round looking for any sign that Edmen wasn't right, and as soon as that showed he wasted no time in stopping it.

I feel like Edmen made a big mistake (probably a sign of inexperience) at the end of the second round. Seemed to me like with a few seconds left he was like "okay the round's almost over, I can relax", and ended up taking some huge gnp from Brunson who fought to the bell. Think that's what really damaged him and lead to the stoppage.

Impressive performance from Brunson, who's on a nice little run now. Think a fight with Till next makes sense, or perhaps the winner of Akhmedov/Weidman.

Great fight from Bobby Green and Lando!

My goodness does Randy Brown have some chicken legs or what lol

Luque is so much fun to watch, calf kicks are taking over. Beautiful knee holding Brown's head up to land it legally

Luque vs Diaz would be super fun but I cant imagine Nate would accept

Damn I feel bad for Jojo

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

After Herb Dean (rightly) got so much **** for a late stoppage last week, I just want to mention how good his stoppage was in the main event. He clearly went into the last round looking for any sign that Edmen wasn't right, and as soon as that showed he wasted no time in stopping it.

I feel like Edmen made a big mistake (probably a sign of inexperience) at the end of the second round. Seemed to me like with a few seconds left he was like "okay the round's almost over, I can relax", and ended up taking some huge gnp from Brunson who fought to the bell. Think that's what really damaged him and lead to the stoppage.

Impressive performance from Brunson, who's on a nice little run now. Think a fight with Till next makes sense, or perhaps the winner of Akhmedov/Weidman.

Yea I have no problems with that stoppage and credit to Brunson for taking him down early to test him mentally

That fight with Till would be fun

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)