The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

On 3/31/2021 at 9:23 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

Jon Jones wants more than 10 mil guaranteed to fight Ngannu if im understanding correctly. Conversely, jon jones top PPV buy ranks 26th(?) all time for the ufc. I dont think Jon is scared to fight Francis, i just think hes delusional to his worth. People dont like him, but not enough so they want to see him lose, hence why he doesnt sell well. Hes not even the A side of a=the potential Francis fight....

I think some of that is because no one ever seems like someone that CAN beat him

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think some of that is because no one ever seems like someone that CAN beat him

But fighter pay/opportunity is directly linked to PPV sales. Which is why Diaz/Brock are two of the only fighters to collect guaranteed 7 figure purses. And why Masvidal is getting a title rematch after getting 50-43'd and not fighting anyone after that.

So, the game doesn't last long for these guys. It's been almost 6 years since UFC 189 and Conor-Mendes when they had live intro songs for the fighters. That man, Conor McGregor, has been at the forefront for as long. You may hate him, you may love him, but people pay to see him. It's 2021 and people are going to pay to see him in July (exactly 6 years since that Mendes fight). How many UFC fighters maintain that kind of drawing power? Honest question? Conor changed the game. He may no longer BE the game but he definitely still influences the game. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So, the game doesn't last long for these guys. It's been almost 6 years since UFC 189 and Conor-Mendes when they had live intro songs for the fighters. That man, Conor McGregor, has been at the forefront for as long. You may hate him, you may love him, but people pay to see him. It's 2021 and people are going to pay to see him in July (exactly 6 years since that Mendes fight). How many UFC fighters maintain that kind of drawing power? Honest question? Conor changed the game. He may no longer BE the game but he definitely still influences the game. 

I couldn’t tell you for that stretch of time but he definitely has changed the game. I wonder if he loses to Dustin again then what though 

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know Askren is a competitor but what are the odds he takes a dive for a ridiculous payday? I mean he survived the ridicule of the Masvidal KO going all over the internet. The Pauls have stupid money and if he beats Ben it opens up for an even bigger fight down the line

I thought the exact same thing.  Would he take money that would further Paul's career, and make him a continued laughingstock?  It's possible, but years of being a competitor at the highest level (as you stated) makes me think no way!

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I thought the exact same thing.  Would he take money that would further Paul's career, and make him a continued laughingstock?  It's possible, but years of being a competitor at the highest level (as you stated) makes me think no way!

Its a weird thought to have I know but he obviously took a ton of crap with the Jorge loss and I dont think it can be any worse for him really. And if he walks away making idk high 7 figures/low 8 figures to take a dive, idk I think he is the type of goofball that just doesnt care what people think he will laugh all the way to the bank...plus if Dana loses $1M on it that'd be funny too

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303