The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Shame if we never do. I’d rather see Jones vs Israel anyways, much better fight on paper. I think Francis is way too big for Jon and would kill him in R2 or so. Jones and Izzy are very similar fighters. Although the problem is they are both not very likable and that fight wouldn’t sell well. 

Jones and Izzy are nothing alike at all other than both being tall and lengthy. Izzy is a straight kick boxer and his grappling got exposed big time by Jan. While Jones is a more well rounded fighter but comes from a wrestling/grappling background. Izzy has only finished 4/10 of his UFC opponents and had a significant size advantage on all 4. 

If they were to fight I don't even think it'd be competitive, Jones would be able to take him down and finish him pretty quickly, imo. 

And that's a fight that will likely never happen either. Because Jones added a ton of weight to fight at HW and Izzy walks around at under 205. With Jones getting older I don't think he can or would even want to cut to 205 again.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jones and Izzy are nothing alike at all other than both being tall and lengthy. Izzy is a straight kick boxer and his grappling got exposed big time by Jan. While Jones is a more well rounded fighter but comes from a wrestling/grappling background. Izzy has only finished 4/10 of his UFC opponents and had a significant size advantage on all 4. 

If they were to fight I don't even think it'd be competitive, Jones would be able to take him down and finish him pretty quickly, imo. 

And that's a fight that will likely never happen either. Because Jones added a ton of weight to fight at HW and Izzy walks around at under 205. With Jones getting older I don't think he can or would even want to cut to 205 again.

yea, i mean jon jones outwrestled DC, im pretty sure he could do whatever he wanted to against izzy.

Just now, Scalamania said:

Awful. Absolutely embarrassing card. 

I don't know how kneeing a grounded opponent is allowed but strikes to the back of the head, in half guard (basically), is red card worthy lol. These shows won't last long.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't know how kneeing a grounded opponent is allowed but strikes to the back of the head, in half guard (basically), is red card worthy lol. These shows won't last long.

Let's not forget that Eddie's opponent had his head turned. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Let's not forget that Eddie's opponent had his head turned. 

You get that benefit on one blow IIRC. I don't think you can just go willy nilly on the back of his head just because it's tucked and turned.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You get that benefit on one blow IIRC. I don't think you can just go willy nilly on the back of his head just because it's tucked and turned.

I was reading the rules before and it's just wild. They'll never last on a big network. 

Edited by Scalamania

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I was reading the rules before and it's just wild. They'll never last on a big network. 

Rich Franklin explained it pretty well. Basically said that the first one is fine, the second one you have to adjust and do something else. Eddie THOUGHT he was turning his head with his own but he wasn't. I think the dude embellished the effects but, still, you gotta adjust there if you're Eddie.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303