The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Animal...Burns, then Usman...then Izzy.  I would not be surprised if Chimaev won all of them!

Dude ragdolled Hermansson lmao. If he can avoid getting KTFO by anyone, he's going to be incredibly difficult to beat. Obviously really early in his career but he's been more dominant than Khabib has in any stretch of his career. If he keeps it up with the step up in competition, we may really be looking at the GOAT.

Have you gotten the chance to find any of his stuff before the UFC? He's literally dominated every single fight. The longest he's ever fought was 1:15 into the 2nd round lol.

50 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dude ragdolled Hermansson lmao. If he can avoid getting KTFO by anyone, he's going to be incredibly difficult to beat. Obviously really early in his career but he's been more dominant than Khabib has in any stretch of his career. If he keeps it up with the step up in competition, we may really be looking at the GOAT.

Have you gotten the chance to find any of his stuff before the UFC? He's literally dominated every single fight. The longest he's ever fought was 1:15 into the 2nd round lol.

Hermansson a legit middleweight, and a national champion wrestler....

It's hard to envision Chimaev having that type of wrestling success in the octagon against either Covington or Usman.  If he actually was able to, while avoiding the KO...(which btw...Usman and Covington aren't known KO artists) then...forget about it

and Izzy.....he has 0 chance unless he gets a quick KO

• Like 1

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Hermansson a legit middleweight, and a national champion wrestler....

It's hard to envision Chimaev having that type of wrestling success in the octagon against either Covington or Usman.  If he actually was able to, while avoiding the KO...(which btw...Usman and Covington aren't known KO artists) then...forget about it

and Izzy.....he has 0 chance unless he gets a quick KO

Yeah, I'm incredibly excited to see Chimaev-Burns. If he walks through Burns, Usman will stall and, even though he said he'd never do it, he'd end up "negotiating" aka stalling a 185 title shot vs Izzy. 

Chimaev might be the perfect prospect in MMA. He's incredibly athletic, a phenomenal grappler, has legitimate KO power and his gas tank doesn't seem to have an end. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I'm incredibly excited to see Chimaev-Burns. If he walks through Burns, Usman will stall and, even though he said he'd never do it, he'd end up "negotiating" aka stalling a 185 title shot vs Izzy. 

Chimaev might be the perfect prospect in MMA. He's incredibly athletic, a phenomenal grappler, has legitimate KO power and his gas tank doesn't seem to have an end. 

No way you can speculate his gas tank when the dude hasn't even fought for 10 minutes yet.

Agree on the rest though.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's based on his grappling and training and his pace. I'm 100% comfortable making that call.

As to the 2nd part, that's your right so roll with it if you wish but you're not there watching him train. As for his Pace, for 7 minutes, Conor had a hell of a pace too sans the 2nd Diaz fight. Not so much after.

I'd like to see him vs Usman, because even if he doesn't take Usman down, if he lands some of the shots Colby did, he'll beat Usman. Actually, there are a few at 170 who if they landed the shots Colby did, they could probably finish him but they can't and didn't so that's that.

I'm not saying he absolutely doesn't have a gas tank or anything like that, I just need to see him go for longer than 7 minutes before I make that call. Most wrestlers have way better gas tanks than other fighters because the style and training demands it so the odds are definitely in his favor. 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

As to the 2nd part, that's your right so roll with it if you wish but you're not there watching him train. As for his Pace, for 7 minutes, Conor had a hell of a pace too sans the 2nd Diaz fight. Not so much after.

I'd like to see him vs Usman, because even if he doesn't take Usman down, if he lands some of the shots Colby did, he'll beat Usman. Actually, there are a few at 170 who if they landed the shots Colby did, they could probably finish him but they can't and didn't so that's that.

I'm not saying he absolutely doesn't have a gas tank or anything like that, I just need to see him go for longer than 7 minutes before I make that call. Most wrestlers have way better gas tanks than other fighters because the style and training demands it so the odds are definitely in his favor. 

There are literally hundreds of videos available of him training. I've also found video of almost all of his fights. LIS, I have no doubts that his gas tank is insane. What elite MMA fighter from that region doesn't have an insane tank? They are Neanderthals lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There are literally hundreds of videos available of him training. I've also found video of almost all of his fights. LIS, I have no doubts that his gas tank is insane. What elite MMA fighter from that region doesn't have an insane tank? They are Neanderthals lol

Zabit Magomedsharipov admittedly doesn't have a gas tank and he's from Dagestan. 

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Zabit Magomedsharipov admittedly doesn't have a gas tank and he's from Dagestan. 

Fair enough but he's not the same style of fighter in the cage as the guys notoriously are from there. 

Regardless, we won't truly know until he has a 3 round war but I don't have any reason to believe he'll dump. Maybe his highly aggressive style will lead to an adrenaline dump at some point but we have little reason to believe that.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303