The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

UFC london is looking amazing. all the top british prospects getting on this card it seems.

only thing is I hate the Allen-Hooker fight. don't get me wrong, it's an amazing matchup. but I'm from New Zealand and have roots near Suffolk, where Allen's from, so I'm a huge fan of both of them. silently hoping this fight falls through so I don't need to watch one of them lose.

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

back in the day, I would have thought Gaethje is the worst matchup in the sport for Olives. pressure fighter with strong TDD. but new Olives doesn't capitulate to pressure like he used to. super pumped for this fight, these guys might be the two most exciting fighters we have

I consider myself an educated man, Accounting degree, CPA license…i had to look up “capitulate” 🤣

in other news i agree 100%. I cannot wait for that fight, i think Olives takes him though 

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He said he doesn't want to regardless of what happens in that fight.

I don't think a 35 lbs jump in competition will go well for him.

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

tbh I hope Bobby Knuckles beats Izzy to humble him even more but who knows what happens 

Considering Knuckles is my favorite fighter, I hope we're both right.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think a 35 lbs jump in competition will go well for him.

Considering Knuckles is my favorite fighter, I hope we're both right.

I don't either but if he fights someone like Jiri and lays on him the whole time like he did Woodley, I could see him winning something like that but taking someone down that big is harder for sure.

I can totally see Bobby Knuckles taking him down similarly to how Jan did. Izzy suddenly didn't learn how to grapple or wrestle. Didn't happen. When Izzy leans backwards to avoid a shot and leaves his hips stationary, if Bobby is smart he'll shoot and keep Izzy down 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I can totally see Bobby Knuckles taking him down similarly to how Jan did. Izzy suddenly didn't learn how to grapple or wrestle. Didn't happen. When Izzy leans backwards to avoid a shot and leaves his hips stationary, if Bobby is smart he'll shoot and keep Izzy down 

I mean I don't think Izzy's TDD was ever trash. Brunson is probably the best wrestler at Middleweight and he couldn't get Izzy down. Jan B was able to lay on him but he was also like 25+ pounds bigger. Whittaker should definitely mix in the wrestling this time around, I just don't think he can keep him down like Jan did.

Im hoping for a better fight this time around, but I just think Adesanya is a bad matchup for Bobby.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I mean I don't think Izzy's TDD was ever trash. Brunson is probably the best wrestler at Middleweight and he couldn't get Izzy down. Jan B was able to lay on him but he was also like 25+ pounds bigger. Whittaker should definitely mix in the wrestling this time around, I just don't think he can keep him down like Jan did.

Im hoping for a better fight this time around, but I just think Adesanya is a bad matchup for Bobby.

Brunson never attacked the same way as Jan did though. Jan saw a weakness that left Izzy's hips exposed. Brunson and Vettori kept shooting for takedowns in the clinch. It's much easier to defend those takedowns from the clinch rather than leaning backwards trying to avoid punches. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)