TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

Yeah that man will be paid for years to come! Future of the guard position

Contracts have gone very smooth and pretty average besides 2 or 3 crazy ones from teams with stupid cap room. This mock is ran pretty tight and the way they create the bidding system helps create fairness along with creativity. 

Where to go next?

• Offensive Line depth? LT Depth? Another Veteran there? Interior is set and I'll likely add a midround prospect for Center or Guard. 
    • Donald Penn $1.5 Mill APY (Asking 1-2 year deal max) 
    • Greg Robinson $6.5 Mill APY 5 year deal though 
    • Jason Peters $12 Mill APY 2 Year Deal (Unreal and unlikely, but figured i would toss his name out) 
    • Dennis Kelly $3.3 Mill APY
    • Germain Ifedi $2.5 Mill APY
    • Ricky Wagner $12 Mill APY (Lions gutted their large contracts and started fresh)

• Another WR? Veterans such as:
    • Dez Bryant $3.4 Mill APY
    • Chris Hogan $1.4 Mill APY
    • Geronimo Allison $2.4 Mill APY
    • Jermaine Kearse $1.3 Mill APY
    • Maquise Lee $9.4 Mill APY
    • Mohamed Sanu  $6.3 Mill APY
    • Maquise Goodwin $6 Mill APY
    • Quincy Enunwa   $9 Mill APY
    • Sammy Watkins $20 Mill APY (Crazy... dont see him receiving bids until round 4 or round 5) Every round that passes with no bids, their asking APY comes down 10-20%. 
    • Tavon Austin $1.3 Mill (Potential KR/PR fill

• 3rd TE behind Boyle & Andrews
    • Jacob Hollister $1.3 Mill APY
    • Charles Clay $1.4 Mill APY 
    • Lance Kendricks $1.0 Mill APY
    • Tyler Eifert $2.5 Mill APY 
    • Vance McDonald $6.5 Mill APY 

• Pass Rush... Pass Rush... Pass Rush (Can't have enough) **Some MLB's at the bottom as well 
    • Gerald McCoy $11.2 Mill APY (2 year deal asking) Could offer 1. 
    • Jihad Ward (Our mid-season acquisition that we can bring back for $1 Mill) 
    • Marcel Dareus ($20 Mill APY) He must have graded out so well that it caused the formula to raise his asking price that high... Unlikely he gets a contract until the late rounds 4-6 range. 
    • Timmy Jernigan $1.6 Mill APY 
    • B. Mingo $3.5 Mill APY 
    • Bruce Irving $3.8 Mill APY
    • Carl Nassib $4.8 Mill APY 
    • Terrell Suggs $1.2 Mill APY (Do we bring him back for the retirment season) 
    • Tim Williams released by GB ($900K to sign) 
    • Dont'a Hightower (Released) Asking $10.2 Mill APY currently 
    • Mychal Kendricks $3.5 Mill APY 
    • Thomas Davis (Switch to ILB) $6.2 Mill APY (2 Year Deal) 
    • Danny Trevathan $6.5 Mill APY 
    • Peanut $3.0 Mill APY
    • Kevin Minter $1.0 Mill APY 
    • Wesley Woodyard $3.5 Mill APY ***I Like this idea a lot to go with Raglan

Cornerback (Depth always is key for this position)

**** Marlon, Peters, Tavon Young, Iman Marshall and Anthony Averett... Some solid key vets who will hold down the starting spots, but we should look to add another with the draft or value here in UFA 

• Janoris Jenkins $10 Mill APY 
  • Jimmy Smith $15 Mill APY (Jimmy would be a hold to allow his asking price to lower in the later rounds of UFA Bidding) 
  • Justin Bethel (Special Teams) $1.9 Mill 
  • Ronald Darby $1.0 Mill APY 
  • Trae Waynes $9.0 Mill APY 
  • Xavier Rhodes $10 Mill APY (this one would be a hold until round 4-5 as his asking price would like come down to 6-8 Mill) 

Cap Room Update: 34 Million 

• This includes all round 1 acquisitions in UFA (Ragland, Williams, Jonathan Allen and Judon)

I did forget a Safety as Chuck Clark is our only guy at SS.. 

• Levine $1.2 Mill APY **Knows our system already
  • Bethea $4.3 Mill APY 
  • Damarious Randall $8.7 Mill APY 
  • Devin McCourty $12 Mill APY *** FS, but with his age, i'm not sure he offers us much and thats too much with Earl signed
  • Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix  $11.8 Mill APY ***Same as above... A lot of money tied into both safeties 
  • Jonathan Cyprien $1.0 Mill APY *** What happened to him? Used to be solid for Jags. Injuries? Anyone? 
  • Morgan Burnett $4.5 Mill APY (I like this move the most if we went for a safety to compete with Clark) 

46 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Cap Room Update: 34 Million 

• This includes all round 1 acquisitions in UFA (Ragland, Williams, Jonathan Allen and Judon)

I did forget a Safety as Chuck Clark is our only guy at SS.. 

• Levine $1.2 Mill APY **Knows our system already
  • Bethea $4.3 Mill APY 
  • Damarious Randall $8.7 Mill APY 
  • Devin McCourty $12 Mill APY *** FS, but with his age, i'm not sure he offers us much and thats too much with Earl signed
  • Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix  $11.8 Mill APY ***Same as above... A lot of money tied into both safeties 
  • Jonathan Cyprien $1.0 Mill APY *** What happened to him? Used to be solid for Jags. Injuries? Anyone? 
  • Morgan Burnett $4.5 Mill APY (I like this move the most if we went for a safety to compete with Clark) 

I think while Chuck Clark is the only SS, we also have Deshon Elliot as a versatile piece. Similar size and skillset as Clark, I’m sure if he can remain healthy he could backup both safety spots. I would go Levine and draft a safety at some point in the draft and we should be good.

• Like 1

With Alshon Jeffery in tow, I would pass on WR until the draft. We have enough options. Same with TE, we can find a quality 3rd TE there. Especially with Jeffery we have a nice #2/#3 option to throw to in lieu of Hurst so I don’t believe we’re desperate for weapons. I would go for Watkins if he weren’t so expensive. Perhaps at roughly $10m.

I would go with Gerald McCoy at that price though seeing as though we don’t have to worry about comp picks in this scenario. With him in tow, we would completely plug the defensive interior position with nice pass rushers. Could then afford to afford it a luxury pick in the draft where we develop the guy for post McCoy OR just go with whatever other player is BPA.

• Like 1

Definitely interested in McCoy & Ward. McCoy gives us a rotation of :Jonathan Allen, B-Williams, McCoy, Wormley & Pierce. Ricard to me was a rotational piece and would prefer to not bank on him for the positional depth verse counting more on him as a FB. 

Also agree with your other points at safety. Even the players love what Elliott brings to the field and was excited to see him last year before that injury. 

Im thinking two bids this round. McCoy & Ward. If the MLB options hit round 3, I’d be curious to see where their value drops to and re-evaluate 

Watkins is a wait and see clearly. Also believe Jimmy Smith is in this category for me as well 

• Like 1

That was a steep number for Jimmy Smith. If you go cornerback, I think Darby could be an option as depth.

Ward I think is an obvious guy to get back as well as Levine. Suggs might just be me being nostalgic, but would like to see him come back.

If we look for both depth/rotational players, I always liked Carl Nassib. Danny Trevathan is still a good player and could be a bridge to a new linebacker.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

^^^Could be interesting. He's great when healthy, and the type of player we're looking to add.

Mixed on his APY request. He does have a tough history.. played 67% of his 7 career season games 75/112. last 3 seasons 75% 36/48 games.

6 million to me is a guy to contribute more. Now if he had more history of being a KR/PR man and added value to two areas, I’m all in. Although he hasn’t been a return man since his Buffalo days. Still only had 16 attempts for 350 yards. 

could be a wait and see, especially if that drops to 4 mill or so APY. Do a 2 year deal

I'd offer these guys first:

- Tyler Eifert $2.5 Mill APY 
- Jihad Ward
- Mychal Kendricks $3.5 Mill APY (need a LB with more coverage ability)
- Ronald Darby $1.0 Mill APY (cheap depth, maybe he returns to his Bills form)

And maybe McCoy if cap space is available.

A FA WR isn't necessary after you brought in Jeffrey.

Of those OTs, there's no need for the high priced guys with Stanley and Zeus Jr.  Kelly or Ifedi might be worth that salary if you want depth, but we do still have James Hurst in that role for a similar cap hit

At safety, you should factor in that Morgan Burnett is coming off an Achilles injury

• Like 1