DeSean Jackson Mock Draft V 1

DeSean Jackson

Eagles Cap: 40,900,000

Free Agents Resign

Josh McCown 1 year 3 mill

Hassan Ridgeway 1 year 1.5 mill

Cameron Johnston 3 year 5 mill total 

Jason Peters 1 year 6mill  plus 100K incentive per game played. I know this is going to take some heat, but I just don't think Lurie would let peters go. They're best friends as lurie has said and Lurie was the one that went out of his way to sign him to a contract extension couple years ago. What my plan is have Issac play backup as vatai role last year. Peters in training camp said he would move inside to guard if it'll allow him to play longer. I see that being great for him as he at times this year struggled with the kick out more than usual due to his knee issues. Switching to guard will allow him to anchor and I think he will strive in that. I like the thought of Dillard,Peters,Kelce,Brooks,Lane. Peters is also great for the locker room. 

Paycut

Nigel Bradham reduces his salary to 5 million saves 3 million

Trade: Malcom Jenkins , 21, 4th to the Bucs for 14

Paying Malcom a long term contract which what he wants is something Howie will be against. This allows us to move up and draft the player we want. 

Cap Space 37 Million

Free Agency

Byron Jones 4 year 56 million

Jimmy Smith 1 year 8 million 

Jimmie Ward 3 year 15 million 

Anthony Harris 4 year 50 million 

Mike Daniels 1 year 4 million 

Shaq Lawson 3 year 14 mill

My goal was to go defense heavy in free agency. It was time to rebuild our secondary and I think we have done that. Jimmy Smith and Byron Jones will allow us to press more, which Jim loved to do before coming to us with a team that has never had good corner talent with him here. Jimmy Smith is injury prone but I feel like its a good risk as he plays on a very high level when he's actually playing. With this secondary Jims scheme will finally work as our pass rush will have way more time to get to the qb. 

DRAFT 

I will be using Matt Millers Nfl draft simulator to complete this mock

1: CeeDee Lamb WR OK

2: Jalen Reagor WR TCU

3: John Uche DE Michigan 

3: Lloyd Cushenberry C/G LSU

4: David Woodward LB Utah State

4: Lamical Perine RB FL

5: Dane Jackson CB Pitt

6: Anthony Gordon QB Washington State

6: Cam brown LB Penn State

IMO there is no point to cut Alshon since we will be losing money if we do. Might as well let him recover with us and he's still a good WR. We know Howie likes a possesion guy and a speed guy as his 1 and 2 wideouts and I think Lamb and Reagor suites that model very well I love them both as prospects and I think Reagor was held back a ton by qb play. Uche and Lloyd stood out at the senior bowl and caught my eye. Woodward is a very smart instictive Lb who just has a nose for the ball. Perine is a typical Howie UF guy who we seemed to like at the combine. I love Anthony Gordon as a project and we are known to draft qbs late for projects. Dane Jackson also stood out at the senior bowl.

My goals this offseason was to stop getting stop gaps at the wideout and CB positions and get younger. I really think we have our 1 and 2 for the future. I see Reagor , Lamb and Djax all splitting time in the slot to keep the defense guessing which Doug loves to do.

I also put a huge emphasis on getting young on the offensive side as you can see, I think it's important that Wentz can have a foundation of players that he can grow with. Knowing we have Sanders, Godeart, Reagor, Lamb as our weapons for many years to come will be smart for Wentz development.

Edited by DeSean Jackson

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Love it but also think it's insanely unrealistic

I was thinking that also, but we've been saving up cap for this offseason and they're all areas of need. Byron Jones is rumored to us and Jimmie Ward fits our scheme. Jimmy Smith is a typical Howie stop gap. Anthony Harris will take over Jenkins salary and this isn't a big draft on safties so I elected to go after them in FA. It's rumored we are heavily going to invest in corners this offseason.

Edited by DeSean Jackson

16 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I was thinking that also, but we've been saving up cap for this offseason and they're all areas of need. Byron Jones is rumored to us and Jimmie Ward fits our scheme. Jimmy Smith is a typical Howie stop gap. Anthony Harris will take over Jenkins salary and this isn't a big draft on safties so I elected to go after them in FA. It's rumored we are heavily going to invest in corners this offseason.

I do think we'll go after corner with a lot of $. I can see a safety signing, but it might just be bringing McLeod back. If not, Harris and Ward are 2 of my top 3 guys I'd want us to bring in. I think Malcolm stays. Honestly if like half of this stuff happened I'd be ecstatic lol. Throw in Corey Littleton and I'm on cloud 9.