List of the Movies you Would pay to Own

DoleINGout

Trying to see what everybody likes and if there are some good films that any of you like to repeatedly watch or have repeatedly watched. I admittedly don't have an extensive movie viewing history. Many "obvious" classics like Rocky, Jaws, Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Casablanca, and Shawshank Redemption I have yet to see, for example.

So, if you can, create a list of ten good movies that you find the most enjoyable to you.

I encourage anyone to give their thoughts on classic movies like the ones I listed and recommend or provide their own take on whether or not they find it enjoyable at least a few times around.

Thanks.

Edited by DoleINGout

I own a decent amount of movies too.  The ones i rewatch fairly often

All of the Marvel Flicks
All of the Fast and Furious movies (don't @ me)
Man on Fire
The Bourne Trilogy
The Usual Suspects
The Departed
Harry Potter Series
Die Hard 1 & 2
Home Alone 1 & 2
The Hangover
Fight Club
Dark Knight trilogy
Star Trek
Star Trek Into Darkness
Matrix Trilogy
X-men 1, 2 and 3
Shawshank Redemption
Taken
Inside Man
A few others i probably can't think of right now

I'd like to own Rounders too.  Great movie

Only ten?  I got damn near 500.  And that’s after I downsized.  If I had to list only ten movies based solely on rewatch ability they would be (in no order):

The Thing (1982)

Predator

Tombstone

Alien and Aliens counts as one.

Die Hard

The Princess Bride

Jurassic Park

Hot Fuzz

The Truman Show

The Mummy (1999)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only ten?  I got damn near 500.  And that’s after I downsized.  If I had to list only ten movies based solely on rewatch ability they would be (in no order):

The Thing (1982)

Predator

Tombstone

Alien and Aliens counts as one.

Die Hard

The Princess Bride

Jurassic Park

Hot Fuzz

The Truman Show

The Mummy (1999)

Ive seen the princess bride and jp at least..

feel free to elaborate on more films you like

what makes a film super engrossing and watchable so many times over and over again?

Edited by DoleINGout

35 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Thoughts on owning digital copies only as opposed to a vhs or dvd? @theJ @Outpost31 @MWil23 @skywindO2 And others

I'm a big proponent of digital media(video games, books, music, etc) but movies and tv series are a big exception for some reason and honestly I have no idea why that is.

That said, I haven't bought a movie or TV series(physical or digital) in years. If I can't stream it or Redbox it, I'm just not gonna watch it. 

Edited by skywindO2

2 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

since I own about 2000 movies, that would be a pretty tight cutdown to just 10.

and, streaming "rights" are not ownership. 

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Thoughts on owning digital copies only as opposed to a vhs or dvd? @theJ @Outpost31 @MWil23 @skywindO2 And others

This is why i don't buy into that.  I don't mind "buying" games on Steam, because i buy them super cheap and usually games don't hold up 10-15 years later.  But movies, i'd like to have those for the long haul.  And i'm afraid those streaming services are going to move around and i'll eventually lose the rights to them somehow.  

Also, lol vhs.  Not that i'm laughing at you, i just like that you specifically picked that format instead of DVD and bluray.

Most of what i own are DVD's (70%) and blurays (30%).  I do have a few digital rights copies, but i bought those with fake (digital) currency like Amazon credits or w/e.

47 minutes ago, theJ said:

This is why i don't buy into that.  I don't mind "buying" games on Steam, because i buy them super cheap and usually games don't hold up 10-15 years later.  But movies, i'd like to have those for the long haul.  And i'm afraid those streaming services are going to move around and i'll eventually lose the rights to them somehow.  

Also, lol vhs.  Not that i'm laughing at you, i just like that you specifically picked that format instead of DVD and bluray.

Most of what i own are DVD's (70%) and blurays (30%).  I do have a few digital rights copies, but i bought those with fake (digital) currency like Amazon credits or w/e.

I said "vhs or dvd" not just "vhs" ;)

i kinda lump bluray into dvd since theyre both discs

as for digital i have about 55 movies on my apple account and im loving it. its streamed content but i own it forever unlike netflix which is just a subscription

3 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

since I own about 2000 movies, that would be a pretty tight cutdown to just 10.

and, streaming "rights" are not ownership. 

well which movies have you watched repeatedly in the last year or so?

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I said "vhs or dvd" not just "vhs" ;)

i kinda lump bluray into dvd since theyre both discs

as for digital i have about 55 movies on my apple account and im loving it. its streamed content but i own it forever unlike netflix which is just a subscription

well which movies have you watched repeatedly in the last year or so?

1) well, if apple went out business tomorrow, you wouldn't  "own those forever", since you only stream them

2) not sure I've watched these the most in the last year, but if I were starting my collection from scratch I'd go with them

cheated, had to go with 11

Notorious

the Third Man

Rashomon

Seventh Seal

the Ballad of Narayama

Once Upon a time in the West

Solaris

Chinatown

Santa Sangre

Dark City

Amelie