Where do our unresigned free agents end up?

cconocool

On 2/16/2020 at 1:49 AM, VikeManDan said:

Not with us. 

My response isn't the intent of the thread as it is difficult to project where players will land. Here is the list according to OTC.

Trae Waynes – Most likely gone.
Anthony Harris – Would like him back but could be looking at a big deal.
Rashod Hill – Would resign for depth.
Andrew Sendejo – Veteran minimum or he can walk.
Mackensie Alexander – Might be my top priority in-house free agent.
Dan Bailey – Priority resigning.
Britton Colquitt – Priority resigning.
Marcus Sherels – Let him walk. I think he might retire.
Sean Mannion – Let him walk.
Dakota Dozier – No idea honestly, think is OK depth. Wouldn’t mind if he was brought back.
Ameer Abdullah – Let him walk and keep drafting RBs.
Brett Jones – Would actually like to see him back, has been injured since being a Viking but think he fits Kubiak zone scheme well.
Laquon Treadwell – Might be in the minority but I’d be fine with him as the #4/5 WR.
CJ Ham – Would’ve liked Blasinggame but Ham had a great year. Will be back.
Kentrell Brothers – Let him walk.
Jayron Kearse – He’s gone. Even though I’d like him back he’ll probably get a bigger deal than he should.
Stephen Weatherly – Odengibo is what I thought he would be. I’m fairly indifferent if he comes back or not.
Eric Wilson – I would tender.

8. S ANTHONY HARRIS – TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Projected contract: 4 years, $14.1 million per year ($31 million guaranteed)

45. CB TRAE WAYNES – NEW YORK GIANTS

Projected contract: 1 year, $7.5 million ($6.5 million guaranteed)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-free-agency-predicting-landing-spots-pff-top-50-free-agent

It's kind of amazing that Harris is the 2nd best defensive player on the list behind Chris Jones.  

Edited by swede700

Sam Monson and Steve Palazzolo of the analytics website Pro Football Focus recently took a look at the rosters of each team and compiled the 100 best free agents who could be available in 2020, with four Vikings landing on the list.

Anthony Harris was the highest-ranked Viking, as the safety came in at No. 8 on PFF's list. According to PFF's list, Harris is the top safety and the second-best defensive player available.

PFF had Trae Waynes ranked 45th overall, ranking him as the fourth-best cornerback who could become available.

Cornerback Mackensie Alexander (No. 65) and safety Jayron Kearse (No. 89) were also mentioned on PFF's list.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-4-vikings-land-on-pff-s-rankings-of-top-potential-free-agents?fbclid=IwAR3O8FW20QAKGrWHJnLhSvvpGImNhht1uKZY_wAG5t-w6cnRJQlwjTXqwbs

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Sam Monson and Steve Palazzolo of the analytics website Pro Football Focus recently took a look at the rosters of each team and compiled the 100 best free agents who could be available in 2020, with four Vikings landing on the list.

Anthony Harris was the highest-ranked Viking, as the safety came in at No. 8 on PFF's list. According to PFF's list, Harris is the top safety and the second-best defensive player available.

PFF had Trae Waynes ranked 45th overall, ranking him as the fourth-best cornerback who could become available.

Cornerback Mackensie Alexander (No. 65) and safety Jayron Kearse (No. 89) were also mentioned on PFF's list.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-4-vikings-land-on-pff-s-rankings-of-top-potential-free-agents?fbclid=IwAR3O8FW20QAKGrWHJnLhSvvpGImNhht1uKZY_wAG5t-w6cnRJQlwjTXqwbs

Yep.  I think Harris and Alexander need to be our top free agent priorities.

Zimmer:  “I love Anthony [Harris]. If he doesn’t come back, I think he’s earned everything he’s got, but if you put up the positions most important on defense it’s probably not going to be safety.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/26/mike-zimmer-loves-anthony-harris-but-safety-isnt-most-important-position-on-d/ 

Edited by vike daddy