BDL 2017 Week 2: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Rome Eternals

TedLavie

BDL 2017 Week 2: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Rome Eternals  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2017 at 02:00 PM

Berlin 24 – 19 Rome

70F, Light Wind

Scoring Summary;

2nd Quarter

ROM      11:30    TD          OJ Howard 72 yd. pass from Manning (XP kick)                0-7

BER        6:03       TD          Taylor Gabriel 18 yd. pass from Winston (XP kick)          7-7

ROM      0:08       FG           Gary Anderson 20 yds.  7-10

3rd Quarter

BER        10:36    TD          D’Onta Foreman 1 yd. run (XP kick)         14-10

BER        1:53       FG           FG 20 yds.           17-10

4th Quarter

ROM      7:27       FG           FG 38 yds.           17-13

BER        5:00       TD          Kyle Rudolph 37 yd. pass from Winston (XP kick)            24-13

ROM      0:38       TD          Amari Cooper 10 yd. pass from Manning (2-PT conversion failed)          24-19

Key Stat Leaders;

Passing;

BER: Jameis Winston – 12/18, 232yds, 2TDs, 0Ints

ROM: Eli Manning – 20/25, 372yds, 2TDs, 0Ints

Rushing;

BER: Lamar Miller – 19car, 102yds

BER: D’Onta Foreman – 10 car, 41yds, 1TD

ROM: Adrian Peterson – 8 car, 42yds

ROM: Todd Gurley – 16 car, 27yds

Receiving;

BER: DeSean Jackson – 4 recs, 100yds

BER: Kyle Rudolph – 2 recs, 42yds, 1TD

ROM: OJ Howard – 4 recs 139yds, 1TD

ROM: Amari Cooper – 6 recs, 109yds, 1TD

last ditch effort that manning indeed does not suck

"While Manning was far from spectacular in this game, he was hardly the problem for the offense. He actually pushed the ball downfield fairly effectively, going 2 of 6 with 56 yards and a touchdown on passes that went 20 yards or more down field. And that doesn’t include a perfect deep ball thrown to WR Brandon Marshall that was dropped, and another that would’ve been a touchdown if not for an incredible play by Lions CB Darius Slay."

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

"While Manning was far from spectacular in this game, he was hardly the problem for the offense. He actually pushed the ball downfield fairly effectively, going 2 of 6 with 56 yards and a touchdown on passes that went 20 yards or more down field. And that doesn’t include a perfect deep ball thrown to WR Brandon Marshall that was dropped, and another that would’ve been a touchdown if not for an incredible play by Lions CB Darius Slay."

I second that only for the last part

Not a fan of Berlin offensive strategy, I think, especially with Jenkins out (which Rags couldn't know tbh), the passing game works well from them but they struggle running the ball. Eli Manning has his issues, but here he has weapons that are much better than Berlin back 7 and the great Berlin defensive front will do some damage, but not consistently enough against a solid OL. Rome prevails 26-23 as Winston furious comeback fails shorts.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

His ball placement last night was awful. He had major issues hitting guys in stride. I mean, it really does look like Peyton that last year when he had to float the ball in cause he couldn't put enough on it.

36 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

His ball placement last night was awful. He had major issues hitting guys in stride. I mean, it really does look like Peyton that last year when he had to float the ball in cause he couldn't put enough on it.

i disagree

I think it's a combo of both, him being off and his team not helping him. He's definitely seeing ghosts out there. At one point he scrambled to his right, and even though Ansah had already fallen down, Eli thought someone was behind him so he just collapsed to the ground. 

He hit Marshall perfectly down the sideline and Marshall just straight up doinked it. 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

i disagree

You can disagree, but you'd be disagreeing with me and literally every other person in the MNF thread from last night.  You are welcome to go look at the posts.  For instance, those dropped passes?  While they could have been caught, they were all very poorly placed so that the WR had to come back or try and reach back for it. I don't think he hit a single WR in stride.  

He just looked...old.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

You can disagree, but you'd be disagreeing with me and literally every other person in the MNF thread from last night.  You are welcome to go look at the posts.  For instance, those dropped passes?  While they could have been caught, they were all very poorly placed so that the WR had to come back or try and reach back for it. I don't think he hit a single WR in stride.  

He just looked...old.

Nah the Marshall pass down the sideline was perfect. 

With Berlin going run heavy, keep away offense working off play action I think they'll find some success. Guys like Hill and Jackson are money in those situations. I don't blame Eli completely for his teams struggles, but he's got enough weapons IRL to not look so bad (this isn't the first time his OL has been bad). He's just out of sync for whatever reason right now. I think Berlin gets a lead off some play action work and salts the game away, and I don't Eli has been consistent enough this year to mount a full comeback.

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think it's a combo of both, him being off and his team not helping him. He's definitely seeing ghosts out there. At one point he scrambled to his right, and even though Ansah had already fallen down, Eli thought someone was behind him so he just collapsed to the ground. 

He hit Marshall perfectly down the sideline and Marshall just straight up doinked it. 

yea, at this point he really doesn't trust his O line in real life.  Its hard to equate here cause the o line i have is pretty studly, but I can't blame people one way or another.  But to say he doesn't have it at all as Rags suggests, I think it a misrepresentation

Archived