2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Joe Douglas got a reality check of what it's like being a GM today. 

Joe Thuney was going to be here. It seemed pretty clear last night. Pats had ZERO dialogue with him and it wasn't until this morning did the whispers come out. Losing Glasgow was a gut punch. Really want to know what happened there - I'm almost positive the Jets offered more money but it came down to something fans don't want to fully accept: some of the guys from the midwest simply didn't want to relocate here. I had heard that wasn't going to be an issue with Glasgow, but apparently it had to be. 

Jack Conklin is the one I'm not surprised with. Connor saying the Jets were never legitimately in on him, but I don't think its because the Jets didn't want to be; I think Conklin's camp made it clear that he valued location above all. Jets weren't on his list. 

24 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I like Clowney on a short-term deal better than Fowler, but both would fill a void that has been vacant since John Abraham left. 

Clowney on 2 years fully guaranteed allowing him to re-enter FA still in his prime might be the best option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Glenn has a reputation for being lazy.

Also I would love to trade a 6th for a player who is a free agent.

I mean... is there a rule against it?

Could you give a free agent a sixth round pick to sign with you? And then he gets to just make whatever pick he wants with it on draft day, and he owns that player's rights. He can then work out a trade with any team in the league for that player.

Given that we might not actually have football this year... I'm totally on board with this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

We have George Fant now, our OL problems solved.

I think we downgraded at LT somehow...

We did downgrade. Beachum is better than Fant. And the contract we gave Beachum 3 years ago was very similar and cheaper than the one we just gave Fant. Beachum was on a 3yr 24mill contract with 12mill guaranteed. We just gave one of the worst starting OTs a 3yr 30mill contract with over 13mill guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

However if we signed Byron Jones to that deal and traded all those picks for Diggs, some would criticize the FO as well.

Not the point though. The division is who you have to beat and our division is getting better and we have only downgraded so far. Yes Beachum to Fant is a downgrade. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We did downgrade. Beachum is better than Fant. And the contract we gave Beachum 3 years ago was very similar and cheaper than the one we just gave Fant. Beachum was on a 3yr 24mill contract with 12mill guaranteed. We just gave one of the worst starting OTs a 3yr 30mill contract with over 13mill guaranteed.

Watching Fant breakdowns I see what Douglas likes. The size, strength and speed combination is intriguing however he struggles with 2 things that are vital(technique and consistency) and that is worrying because you're banking on Pollack to unlock that potential. This is where if we had Thuney I would be happier because it would take some pressure off of him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Watching Fant breakdowns I see what Douglas likes. The size, strength and speed combination is intriguing however he struggles with 2 things that are vital(technique and consistency) and that is worrying because you're banking on Pollack to unlock that potential. This is where if we had Thuney I would be happier because it would take some pressure off of him.

He plays very poorly. Say what you want about blocking scheme whatever. He played poorly period. And just got paid like he’s an average starter. When he is a poor backup when you watch him.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not the point though. The division is who you have to beat and our division is getting better and we have only downgraded so far. Yes Beachum to Fant is a downgrade. 

I dont disagree, I'm just saying we would have been better with those moves but guys still wouldn't be happy.

These are the moves I made in my mock

Free Agency

Graham Glasgow- 5/45M(9M)

Hal Vaitai- 2/10(5M)

Joe Looney- 1/2M(2M)

Breshad Perriman- 3/18M(6M)

Taylor Gabriel- 1/4M(4M)

Ronald Darby- 1/3M(3M)

Vic Beasley- 2/7M(3.5M)

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He plays very poorly. Say what you want about blocking scheme whatever. He played poorly period. And just got paid like he’s an average starter. When he is a poor backup when you watch him.

Not scheme. Just technique and consistency. That's what worries me about this move. Technique can get better but gambling on it. Man that's tough to cope with.