2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

The way I see it is there’s only 3 players available that’ll budge the needle at all to make us better on offense left. And they all require trading for.

1. Trent Williams: will cost a valuable pick, sat out a whole year, needs to get paid, might not pass his physical and often injured.

2. Brandin Cooks: bad concussion issues. Never a good thing.

3. Alshon Jeffrey: coming off major foot surgery and is aging.

3 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I wonder if BB tagged Thuney to try and trade him but if there is nobody willing to trade he will rescind the tag? That would be great for us. 

I wonder if they had no plans to tag him at all, then they heard some buzz about us signing him in FA and Bill just decided to give us one more middle finger.

6 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I wonder if they had no plans to tag him at all, then they heard some buzz about us signing him in FA and Bill just decided to give us one more middle finger.

Lol would defo be something Bill would do. His hatred for us runs so deep!  

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

McGovern is average to below average.

Offense is our issue and Fant and IF we got McGovern aren’t helping us much. As well as no moves at WR yet either.

But you’re right we need more defense as always like every offseason. 

I think you're underselling how well McGovern played last year.   His pff rating was over 20 points higher than anyone we had play there last year.   He was well above average,  and was only 26 last year.   If that signing didn't move the needle for you but signing a washed up Alshon Jeffery does I guess we just disagree. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I wonder if BB tagged Thuney to try and trade him but if there is nobody willing to trade he will rescind the tag? That would be great for us. 

Could see that. Great thing is cutting Winters and Williamson gives us enough cap space for his year 1 cap hit. 

I doubt Thuney plays on the tag.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Could see that. Great thing is cutting Winters and Williamson gives us enough cap space for his year 1 cap hit. 

I doubt Thuney plays on the tag.

I am probably just being optimistic but I hope the tag is rescinded because it sounded like him signing with us was a done deal. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Just like we both thought. I’m thinking Chargers still or TB.

It's one or the other. My guess is Tom already knows where he's headed, but wanted to show respect to the Pats by making it about them. 

Note California kid in his post. Freudian slip? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Just like we both thought. I’m thinking Chargers still or TB.

Or maybe we saved all that OL money to sign Brady and just watch him suck behind our terrible line every Sunday?

I mean, there are worse ways to spend a Sunday. Including watching a lot of our regular games.