The Duke's 2020 Mock Draft: 2 Rounds

THE DUKE

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:54 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

Reagor or Aiyuk at 53 for Philly over some random Ohio State LB lol c'mon guy think

I'm not as high on either of those 2 WR as most, and Harrison testing as well as he did at his size is going to move him up.

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Like my Bengals, they have a lot of holes.  I leaned a little more towards what I saw as value over need.

I guess, but the game is won in the trenches. We legit had a historic stretch of awfulness against the run and have no nose tackles or MLB. Jack is likely moving back to where he should be at WLB.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

His play plateauing in 2019 combined with injury history has me a little down on him.  I won't be shocked if he goes higher, but I also won't be shocked if he goes quite a bit lower.

It’s tough to do much better than #1 two years in a row. People are “down on him” because he hasn’t done anything since the end of the season. If played in a “draft” bowl or was active at the combine it would be a different story, it’s an out of sight out of mind mentality. This is even more true for the media and how they spin things. 

Ultimately it doesn’t matter where or when he goes, it matters how he performs once he’s in the NFL. I still think he will have the best career out of any IOL of this draft. I said the same thing about Frederick back in 2013 when everyone was down on him due to lack of athletic ability and even when Cowboy fans booed when he was drafted. Again, the players will fall where they fall and it’s up to them to either prove people right or in Biadasz case, prove some people wrong.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, THE DUKE said:

11. New York Jets: Mekhi Becton, OT , Louisville

I'd prefer Andrew Thomas, but don't mind the pick.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, THE DUKE said:

48. New York Jets: Laviska Shenault Jr., WR , Colorado

I'd prefer Jalen Reagor here.  Shenault is a freak, but his injuries scare me.  I feel like Reagor adds the deep threat/short pass long run threat we're looking for on the outside.