Saints place 1st round tender on QB Taysom Hill

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Dome said:

One of the things I like about Taysom is when he gets in the open field he looks for the next fool to truck 

it’s going to break his collar bone one of these times, he’s got 5 season ending college injuries to prove he knows how to get hurt....

but god damn its fun to watch a “Quarterback” truck someone and get up grinning like he just won the lottery 

Yeah, Tate is not that guy - he's the guy who looks like he's jogging, but is pulling away from a DB running full sprint. He's the guy who has a DB squaring up to hit him downfield, but he changes direction and has a DB flailing in the wind or walking face first into a crack back block set up by a WR.

It's got its own joys, watching a guy like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

but god damn its fun to watch a “Quarterback” truck someone and get up grinning like he just won the lottery 

Hill has that same infectious grin that Cam has. 

”You know I just dunked on you, right?”

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hill has that same infectious grin that Cam has. 

”You know I just dunked on you, right?”

Yep. Really likeable guy.

I’ll be buying his jersey before the season starts

but I can’t overstate how much I do not want him to be our starter in the future lol 

17 hours ago, Dome said:

On another saints fan discussion board a poll has roughly 1/3rd if Saints fans thinking this means we’re gonna get a 1st round pick for Taysom... and one mock went so far as to send him to the raiders for their #12 pick xD

delusions, insane delusions  

Come get him boys!!! 😂🤣😂🤪

I could see see Hill being the best option to start 2021 as the starting QB. I’m sure the Saints will draft someone within the next two years, but they are traditionally picking late in the first round and there is no guarantee that rookie will beat out Hill. Payton really likes him.