1990s Sci-fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

BTW, rewatched Fifth Element recently, and my god it does NOT hold up. Its still kinda fun, in a campy, bad enough to be entertaining way. 

The 1990s were just pure cringe, bloated messes and try-harding 100%. The dutch angles, fisheye lenses, slow motion, zoom in's on faces; All pure, unadulterated camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

The 1990s were just pure cringe, bloated messes and try-harding 100%. The dutch angles, fisheye lenses, slow motion, zoom in's on faces; All pure, unadulterated camp.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:40 AM, animaltested said:

Gonna go with Inception, I guess. I can keep going back to the movie, and enjoy it. I know people have had time to sit a pick apart Nolan's deficiencies and what not, but that movie was a cultural force when it first came out. 

I guess it's ok though, as long as your  skip the Fisheye Lens and make the movie in 2010s.

10 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I guess it's ok though, as long as your  skip the Fisheye Lens and make the movie in 2010s.

Gonna go with Inception, I guess. I can keep going back to the movie, and enjoy it. I know people have had time to sit a pick apart Nolan's deficiencies and what not, but that movie was a cultural force when it first came out. 

My ringing endorsement. 

The difference about the 90's was all those things were over the top and exaggerated. 

Inception is also fun in its own campy kind of way. The 2010's are going to be remembered for being totally dark and "super serious guys" ; heavy on the contemplative brooding. 

Edited by animaltested

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

My ringing endorsement. 

The difference about the 90's was all those things were over the top and exaggerated. 

Inception is also fun in its own campy kind of way. The 2010's are going to be remembered for being totally dark and "super serious guys" ; heavy on the contemplative brooding. 

so your guess is that THE BEST MOVIE ('scifi') of the 2010s can use the techniques you say made an entire decade suck.

And that you enjoy a movie that is full of things you hate.

OK, ... I guess...

Edited by SlevinKelevra

9 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

so your guess is that THE BEST MOVIE ('scifi') of the 2010s can use the techniques you say made an entire decade suck.

And that you enjoy a movie that is full of things you hate.

OK, ... I guess...

The dutch angles, fisheye lenses, slow motion, zoom in's on faces; All pure, unadulterated camp.

=/=