Jets sign George Fant

J_E_T_$

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm trying to understand what you're getting at, but I'm assuming you're referencing finances. This is the NFL now. I remember when Ryan Fitzpatrick's one year, $12 million contract was considered a lot. Now, that deal would be $20 million. It's all part of the inflation. What's important to note is the Jets took a calculated risk; they're signing a guy to a 1 year, $9.25 million deal with two options attached. Shell's deal is probably similarly structured yet cheaper. 

The Jets got a guy that fits what they want to do, and Seattle got a guy who fits what they want to do. 

I think Fant will be good in NY, I think Shell will be good in SEA. 

Fant, only played his senior year in football for Wester Kentucky, the other three years he was a outstanding basketball player, so he must be a very athletic guy. But hasn't showed much as a top O lineman. We will see what Douglas wants him for.

Just now, doumeyer said:

Fant, only played his senior year in football for Wester Kentucky, the other three years he was a outstanding basketball player, so he must be a very athletic guy. But hasn't showed much as a top O lineman. We will see what Douglas wants him for.

And?

He is the third player that Tom Cable has successfully transitioned into an offensive lineman with little or no collegiate experience at the position. The Seahawks' starting right tackle, Garry Gilliam, was undrafted with only a single year of collegiate experience as a lineman and started in seven months. The first player was J. R. Sweezy, who had no experience, playing only defensive end in college. He transitioned to guard successfully in five months. Fant is the most dramatic change, earning the starting left tackle position in less than 20 months.[3]

Fant's wiki.    Hot damn!

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

He is the third player that Tom Cable has successfully transitioned into an offensive lineman with little or no collegiate experience at the position. The Seahawks' starting right tackle, Garry Gilliam, was undrafted with only a single year of collegiate experience as a lineman and started in seven months. The first player was J. R. Sweezy, who had no experience, playing only defensive end in college. He transitioned to guard successfully in five months. Fant is the most dramatic change, earning the starting left tackle position in less than 20 months.[3]

Fant's wiki.    Hot damn!

Garry and I were partners in negotiations class. Pretty much all we did was play Risk. Lol great dude.