Watching Football in New York

THHH

Hi all probably not the best place to post this but Im going to be in New York from mid to late December and want to see a football match. I've heard and read that going to watch college teams can sometimes be better than watching the NFL teams so wanted to see if thats true in the New York area. The matches I'll be able to see is either San Diego vs. New York Jets or the Pinstripe Bowl so was wondering if anyone could provide any advice on which would be better if I have the option of both. 

Thanks in advance!

You answered your question when you mentioned the Jets. 

Pinstripe Bowl could be a good matchup.

From the ACC:You can probably mark out Clemson(CFB Playoff), Florida State(Orange), Virginia Tech(Camping World), Miami(TaxSlayer), and Louisville(Sun), but a Notre Dame/Wake Forest/Duke/North Carolina State will probably be the rep.

Big 10? Lets say no Penn State and Ohio State either because of the CFB Playoff or the Big 4 Bowls. More than likely you will have Michigan and Wisconsin in the 2 Florida Bowls. Then its preference. You could see Maryland/Minnesota/Iowa in the bowl.

Notre Dame vs Minnesota could be a very fun game to watch. 

Even Wake Forest vs Maryland would be better than watching the Jets, and you dont have to go to New Jersey for the game. 

15 hours ago, THHH said:

Hi all probably not the best place to post this but Im going to be in New York from mid to late December and want to see a football match. I've heard and read that going to watch college teams can sometimes be better than watching the NFL teams so wanted to see if thats true in the New York area. The matches I'll be able to see is either San Diego vs. New York Jets or the Pinstripe Bowl so was wondering if anyone could provide any advice on which would be better if I have the option of both. 

Thanks in advance!

Do the Pinstripe Bowl.

Watching College live is almost always more enjoyable. The crowds are bigger and the actual pace of the game will more then likely be faster. 

Football in December in NY is freezing. Be prepared.

Also, Pinstripe Bowl isn't always the best game (unless ND plays). I'd also recommend going to a team's bar and watching a game (i.e. Tavern on 3rd if Auburn has a bowl game around that time, Jack Dempsey's for Kentucky). Alumni bars are a lot of fun.

Archived