The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

Drafttek 7th round draft:

Round 1: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Round 2: Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St

Round 4: Jalyn Holmes, 3-4 DE, Ohio St

Round 5: Michael Hill, 3-tech, Ohio St

Round 6: Kurt Benkurt, QB, Virginia (at least Bruce will pronounce his first name correctly)

Round 7: Justin Jones, NT, NC ST

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Drafttek 7th round pick:

Round 6: Kurt Benkurt, QB, Virginia (at least Bruce will pronounce his first name correctly)

I don't know enough yet about the DL you selected, but I very much like the first 2 choices. :)

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Drafttek 7th round pick:

I like Guice. I don't like Guice enough to not take Smith or Payne. We should be able to get a really good back in the second. 

I wouldn't mind swapping first rounders with Buffalo if a QB they want is at 13. We end up with the 21st or 22nd pick, their 2nd and 3rd. That way they basically get to keep their two first rounders but still move up quite a few spots to get a QB. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I don't know enough yet about the DL you selected, but I very much like the first 2 choices. :)

I didn’t select them, it’s from Drafttek, it’s a website which uses a computer formulation to make a mock draft by combining all of the other mock draft sites.  

The two DL from Ohio State have different skillsets. Jaylan Holmes is a tall lanky guy that needs to put on 10-20 pounds to really be effective as a 5-technique like our back up DL Anthony Lanier needed to do and did his first year and a half with the team. Hill is a shorter quick guy who’s a good 3-technique. Neither will be stars, but they’d be guys who could develop into good depth and if were lucky starter material like Ioannidis has. Justin Jones is just a big bodied run stuffer.  

https://withthefirstpick.com/2018/01/30/2018-nfl-draft-justin-jones-scouting-report/

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I like Guice. I don't like Guice enough to not take Smith or Payne. We should be able to get a really good back in the second. 

I wouldn't mind swapping first rounders with Buffalo if a QB they want is at 13. We end up with the 21st or 22nd pick, their 2nd and 3rd. That way they basically get to keep their two first rounders but still move up quite a few spots to get a QB. 

I agree on your first point, I’d rather have a NT in round 1 and go RB in round 2.

As for your second point, trading down used to be something I loved to do in round 1, but we’ve been burned a few times now by trading down so, I’m not a fan anymore. We just need to take the BPA available in round 1. If we traded down 8 spots, I’m afraid we’d miss on the top prospects we want.

I'm about 75% certain, we will add more draft picks soon from tag & trade on Cousins.

I truly believe the Jets will be his destination.

I've got us swapping 1st rd picks, netting a 3rd & veteran rb Matt Forte.

So basically in all this. By trading FOR Smith & trading AWAY Cousins?

We will end up

Moving up in 1st rd to #6 ( from 13)

Moving up in 3rd rd, from our original pick ( now owned by chiefs)

obtaining rb Matt forte, but losing cb Kyle Fuller

Not the worst of circumstances, if something similar like this goes down.

btw...i think we target OG Q. Nelson

can you imagine our line with Nelson added?

and vet Forte back there?

OMG!

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm about 75% certain, we will add more draft picks soon from tag & trade on Cousins.

We will end up

OMG!

No thanks on Forte,he is done stick a fork in him

On 2/11/2018 at 2:34 AM, aceinthehouse said:

We will end up

OMG!

Why in gods name would we want Forte? We aren't tagging Kirk either. Honestly none of this is realistic. Sorry Ace.

And I like Nelson but if we took another guard in the top 10 I'll probably just not watch anymore. 

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why in gods name would we want Forte? We aren't tagging Kirk either. Honestly none of this is realistic. Sorry Ace.

And I like Nelson but if we took another guard in the top 10 I'll probably just not watch anymore. 

It's just a guess. Not want I'm wanting. They are probably going to release him. It's more of a cherry on top in the trade, than it is "we gotta have forte" thing. It creates more cap space for them.

were sitting at 31M in cap space right now. We need 34M in space to tag cousins.

which can be done on Feb. 20th. If we release a player(s) between now & then, its gonna happen & be a realty, imo.

Alex Smith contract doesn't hit us, till march 14th I believe.

Hopefully, Cousins will be tagged and gone by then. (& his 34M franchise tag)

We shall see.

So I saw Rich Tandler expects the Redskins to go into camp with the same backs we have on the roster now. Honestly if this happened and they passed on all the stud backs in this draft I'd have to figure there simply is no hope for this front office whatsoever. Not that I think Rich knows all but he has to have his finger somewhat on the pulse.

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So I saw Rich Tandler expects the Redskins to go into camp with the same backs we have on the roster now. Honestly if this happened and they passed on all the stud backs in this draft I'd have to figure there simply is no hope for this front office whatsoever. Not that I think Rich knows all but he has to have his finger somewhat on the pulse.

Or he's being fed what they want him to report. Believe nothing. Makes zero sense to push actual intent like that out, and all the sense in the world to throw misdirection out. And if the response then is, "well this IS our F/O after all".. then what hope did you really have to begin with?

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Or he's being fed what they want him to report. Believe nothing. Makes zero sense to push actual intent like that out, and all the sense in the world to throw misdirection out. And if the response then is, "well this IS our F/O after all".. then what hope did you really have to begin with?

Rob Kelley is awful. I'm a Perine fan but he is a back up. CT25 is electric but he can't handle the rock 20-25 times a game. If they go into next season with this same group while only adding some low-tier free agent or 6th-7th round pick then I'll be disappointed. This running game has been a disaster since they decided we didn't need AlMo anymore. I'm just becoming fed up with the stupidity surrounding this team. It's so poorly managed that it makes me want to stop watching. I'm not even looking forward to the off-season anymore and this used to be the time of the year where I was most excited. Pretty bummed.

Archived