The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

133781.jpg

Georgia RB Sony Michel fumbles the ball every 54.6 times he touches the football, per a list compiled by Dane Brugler.

The average for a prospect is one fumble every 124.5 touches, so Michel's qualifies as a potential red flag. Other popular names who fit the "red flag" tier include Akrum Wadley (67.4) and Kalen Ballage (66.5). The opposite end of the spectrum includes Ronald Jones (207.7) and Saquon Barkley (193.3).
Source: NFL Draft Scout
Feb 12 - 9:43 AM

14 minutes ago, oldman9er said:
133781.jpg

Georgia RB Sony Michel fumbles the ball every 54.6 times he touches the football, per a list compiled by Dane Brugler.

The average for a prospect is one fumble every 124.5 touches, so Michel's qualifies as a potential red flag. Other popular names who fit the "red flag" tier include Akrum Wadley (67.4) and Kalen Ballage (66.5). The opposite end of the spectrum includes Ronald Jones (207.7) and Saquon Barkley (193.3).

That can be improved 

Just read an article over on another Redskins' site about Memphis WR Anthony Miller.. and that maybe he is the deep threat WR the Redskins should be targeting in this draft. 

Anyone agree? disagree? What rd do you think he will fall to?

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

New name maybe. Reading a projected pick today-Denzel Ward CB. I guess I'd be OK with an excellent young corner . Anyone know this kid ? Awesome strength and tremendous speed.  Maybe he could be BPA at 13 ?

He’s the next great corner to come out of Ohio State. He has Marshawn Lattimore type of potential. I’d rather not take a corner in round 1 because we drafted Moreau last year and re-signed Dunny but selecting Ward would be a great decision.  

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Just read an article over on another Redskins' site about Memphis WR Anthony Miller.. and that maybe he is the deep threat WR the Redskins should be targeting in this draft. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/anthony-miller?id=2559909

NFL.com’s comp for him is Kendall Wright. I think he’s a very good prospect, but keep in mind his numbers are inflated given the offense they run in Memphis.

He’s a 5’11, 190 and has good speed but not elite speed. 

He’s likely to run a 4.45 to a 4.5 in the 40. The NFL.com analysis is that he does track the ball well but he has work to do on his route running.

It seems he will likely be a 2nd round pick.

14 hours ago, oldman9er said:
133781.jpg

I mean, that sounds like a lot but if you look at the numbers had one bad season. His sophomore year he fumbled 5 times (lost only 1). If you take that away, he fumbled 2 FR, 2 JR, 2 SR years. I'm not too concerned about his fumble issues, I think they can be fixed. 

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2131588/sony-michel

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Well, I'm a huge Anthony Miller fan. He runs good routes and makes the hard catches. When I watched him, I honestly saw a mini-Antonio Brown. With that said, he's fast but he's not a burner. He has great lateral quickness and shiftiness but I expect him to run in the high 4.4s - low 4.5s. He doesn't have ideal size and he's one of the oldest players entering the draft (will be 24 in October). What he probably is, is a better version of Ryan Grant. If we resign Grant, which I'm sure we will, I don't think Miller is the WR we want to target. I really like the player but I don't think he's the best fit for what our team needs. I think Miller goes around the 3rd round but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team fall in love with him and takes him earlier. 

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/anthony-miller?id=2559909

NFL.com’s comp for him isn’t Kendall Wright. I think he’s a very good prospect, but keep in mind his numbers are inflated given the offense they run in Memphis.

He’s a 5’11, 190 and has good speed but not elite speed. 

He’s likely to run a 4.45 to a 4.5 in the 40. The NFL.com analysis is that he does track the ball well but he has work to do in his route running.

It seems he will likely be a 2nd round pick.

Haha, beat me to it. Well said, Turtle. 

44 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I mean, that sounds like a lot but if you look at the numbers had one bad season. His sophomore year he fumbled 5 times (lost only 1). If you take that away, he fumbled 2 FR, 2 JR, 2 SR years. I'm not too concerned about his fumble issues, I think they can be fixed. 

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2131588/sony-michel

That definitely puts this in a fair and different light; thanks.

36 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Well, I'm a huge Anthony Miller fan. He runs good routes and makes the hard catches. When I watched him, I honestly saw a mini-Antonio Brown. With that said, he's fast but he's not a burner. He has great lateral quickness and shiftiness but I expect him to run in the high 4.4s - low 4.5s. He doesn't have ideal size and he's one of the oldest players entering the draft (will be 24 in October). What he probably is, is a better version of Ryan Grant. If we resign Grant, which I'm sure we will, I don't think Miller is the WR we want to target. I really like the player but I don't think he's the best fit for what our team needs. I think Miller goes around the 3rd round but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team fall in love with him and takes him earlier. 

Very good info, thanks again. 

5 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

But the issue is when have we ever cured a back of fumbling issues? I like So y a lot want him here but as a skins fan I know the reality of us coaching guys up

Archived