The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

My top 2 @ the moment are

#1)Quentin Nelson

#2)Derwin James

that if they fall to #13, have to be selected.

Nelson is the best OG prospect in a long time. Yes, even better than Sherff. He would solidify our O-line for years. The hogs would be back.

James is about as close to a prospect you'll get, to comparing him to the great Sean Taylor. Dude is 6'3" 230 lbs & we'll be an all pro, no matter who selects him. He can play both Safety spots & paired with Swearinger just wouldn't be fair to the other teams.

Basically, its like this...

Do want to draft Russ Grimm or Sean Taylor again?

I have them neck & neck, with a slight edge to Nelson.

I"m am both impressed and amused watching the my version of the Combine evaluating the talent.

Some really good and some kind of clumsy.

karlie-kloss-model-walks-the-predator-a.

giphy.gif

naomi-campbell-runway-walk-the-strut.gif

If you cant walk you're probably not going to be able to do the more fun important work to make my team, but some others may choose them as value picks as their will work better for budget salary cap people :)

giphy.gif

model-high-heel-catwalk-fail.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Bill Price C/G from Ohio State pulled a Fabian Moreau and hurt or tore his pec on the bench press.

I think he’ll fall a round like Moreau did last year into round 3. So, we definitely should look to trade down in round 2 now - unless someone falls that we just can’t pass on - and get a RB/ILB/NT/WR or CB in round 2 and then come back and take Billy Price in round 3. Like Moreau, Price will probably miss most of the offseason, but he should be ready late preseason and for the regular season. 

54 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

My top 2 @ the moment are

#1)Quentin Nelson

#2)Derwin James

that if they fall to #13, have to be selected.

Nelson is the best OG prospect in a long time. Yes, even better than Sherff. He would solidify our O-line for years. The hogs would be back.

James is about as close to a prospect you'll get, to comparing him to the great Sean Taylor. Dude is 6'3" 230 lbs & we'll be an all pro, no matter who selects him. He can play both Safety spots & paired with Swearinger just wouldn't be fair to the other teams.

Basically, its like this...

Do want to draft Russ Grimm or Sean Taylor again?

I have them neck & neck, with a slight edge to Nelson.

Nelson is already hurt, tweaked a hamstring at the combine and won’t run his 40.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/

B.J. Hill... monster DT from NC St, if Washington passes on day 1 or 2 options. 

6032 - 311 lbs - 33" arms - 10 5/8" hands

Yeah man, I love him. If we don’t get Payne, Vea or Settle in round 1 or 2, we should take Hill in round 3. There’s also another guy from South Florida too who’s a NT and I’ve hesrd good things about. I think he could be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I like Derrick Nnadi too but he'd have to bulk up a little.  

I like him too. I think at this point he’s a 4-3 DT, and truly a 3-technique/UT. He could grow into a NT, but he has to bulk up and get stronger as you say.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I like him too. I think at this point he’s a 4-3 DT, and truly a 3-technique/UT. He could grow into a NT, but he has to bulk up and get stronger as you say.

He doesn't play like a UT.  He's a NT.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

As of now, more proven as a run stuffer, from what I gathered. He does have some pass rush in him, but he's less refined in that area. 

Had very high scores (PFF, IIRC) as a run stuffer, though. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Oh ok, I saw where drafttek had him listed as a 3-tech. I honestly haven’t seen him play that much. If he’s a solid run stuffer I’m all for that!

Archived