Eagles trade for CB Darius Slay

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

That was years ago. I'd say he's more of a technician, instincts, knowledge, craftiness, and loose hipped guy than straight line speed. Regardless, his last year will be at age 32. I don't foresee him significantly slowing down to the point of being a liability lol

CB's are good til 30/31 and then they fall off. Chris Harris Jr is the latest example. Age 30 season was his worst since his rookie year, and he wasn't injured. PP, Slay, Trufant will all fall off in a year or 2, and Harris will take a bigger step back this year.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Yes, he likes being plus 1 in the box. Leaving his corners on islands. But, he's never had corners who can be alone on islands. Now he has one. This is objectively a good thing.

being so rigid in your thinking that you let your players fail is never a good thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

CB's are good til 30/31 and then they fall off. Chris Harris Jr is the latest example. Age 30 season was his worst since his rookie year, and he wasn't injured. PP, Slay, Trufant will all fall off in a year or 2.

I see PP making a nice transition to safety (if he is open to it) to extend his career a bit, but otherwise agree with you here. 

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

CB's are good til 30/31 and then they fall off. Chris Harris Jr is the latest example. Age 30 season was his worst since his rookie year, and he wasn't injured. PP, Slay, Trufant will all fall off in a year or 2.

If this is your belief then how can you be happy at all about this trade? If this is actually your belief, you should be livid with this trade dude.

1 minute ago, mm6492 said:

Schwartz's defense is tough on CB's, but having a great CB just look pretty good is a big improvement over having an average corner look like a pile of poop.

i think its more likely slay wont look like anything at all. Teams will just pick on whoever is across from him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

being so rigid in your thinking that you let your players fail is never a good thing.

I agree whole heartedly with this. One of my biggest, and only, criticisms of him. But, this is our first time having a legit #1 CB under Jim. Let's see it play out.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Even Revis couldn't escape it.

Did Revis ever give safety a true shot (honest question).I know ain't everyone gonna be Charles Woodson. But Richard Sherman has been pretty honest when speaking and talking about making the switch as he ages. For elite corners who embrace the switch, I see it working out for a few years

3 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Did Revis ever give safety a true shot (honest question).I know ain't everyone gonna be Charles Woodson. But Richard Sherman has been pretty honest when speaking and talking about making the switch as he ages. For elite corners who embrace the switch, I see it working out for a few years

I don't know

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't know

"There will probably be conversations in the future about maybe moving my position to safety" Revis told reporters in August. "But as of right now, I still feel I can play at a high level, and play the cornerback position at a high level."

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/revis-will-not-begin-transition-to-safety-before-season-ends/211220176

During his last year in NY I believe. As i said, the player needs to embrace it. Revis did not