2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

So your board is

Wills

Jeudy

Lamb

Ruggs

No my board is...

Jeudy

Lamb (Lamb getting closer to taking over Heudy for me though)

Ruggs

Wills

However... I do think our board is different and I’d say there’s a 70% chance we do go OT at 11.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No my board is...

Jeudy

Lamb (Lamb getting closer to taking over Heudy for me though)

Ruggs

Wills

However... I do think our board is different and I’d say there’s a 70% chance we do go OT at 11.

One of the reasons I'm slightly interested in going WR in R1 is because defensively the strength in our division is at Corner and not at Pass Rusher.

We do have Bosa/Ingram, Donald, Miller/Chubb, Bosa/Ford and Garrett to worry about but that's it in terms of dynamic EDGE threats.

Adding a dynamic receiver to beat Gilmore, Jones, White, Howard will be crucial in terms of taking the division.

Edited by KingOfTheDot

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

One of the reasons I'm slightly interested in going WR in R1 is because defensively the strength in our division is at Corner and not at Pass Rusher.

We do have Bosa/Ingram, Donald, Miller/Chubb, Bosa/Ford and Garrett to worry about but that's it in terms of dynamic EDGE threats.

Adding a dynamic receiver to beat Gilmore, Jones, White, Howard will be crucial in terms of taking the division.

Good point. I’ve brought up the CBs in our division a few times since FA. And they’re very good. Average WRs will not beat them. Glad you took it a step further and have pointed out there’s no great edges in our division. Which IS important. You have to worry about the division 1st. And for the 1st time in awhile... it’s up for grabs. On paper it does appear the best receiving team will win based on how the rosters are built (there’s no great RBs in our division opponents). We actually have the best RB in the division, but this is probably his last year for us. But it is worth noting that this isn’t a great pass rush division now... the secondary is the clear strength for our division opponents.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Good point. I’ve brought up the CBs in our division a few times since FA. And they’re very good. Average WRs will not beat them. Glad you took it a step further and have pointed out there’s no great edges in our division. Which IS important. You have to worry about the division 1st. And for the 1st time in awhile... it’s up for grabs. On paper it does appear the best receiving team will win based on how the rosters are built (there’s no great RBs in our division opponents). We actually have the best RB in the division, but this is probably his last year for us. But it is worth noting that this isn’t a great pass rush division now... the secondary is the clear strength for our division opponents.

Yeah it makes sense to go get that guy because those 4 Corners can probably and likely will take whomever our outside receiver lined up against them out the game. Perriman's speed will be an equalizer but we need something more complete there. I like Crowder vs any slot CB.

26 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Not the most technically sound millennial lol good looks

Haha. It’s an interesting stat. But like a lot of stats... it doesn’t tell the whole story. Look at who won the SB in that time frame and who the QB was.

2020: Mahomes

2019: Brady

2018: Foles

2017: Brady

2016: Peyton Manning

2015: Brady

2014: Wilson

2013: Joe Flacco

2012: Eli Manning

2011: Rodgers

2010: Brees

So over those 11 years you have 5 of them won by sure fire HOF QBs in Brady, Peyton and Brees. Then you look at other Elite QBs but not sure if they’re HOFers (that’s not the debate here) and that’s 2 more in Rodgers and Wilson. Then you have a guy like Mahomes who broke records with his QB play with another. So there’s 8 of the SBs won pretty much bc they have a superhuman QB. The 3 remaining are Foles, Flacco and Eli.

So this stat really doesn’t solve anything for me at WR. It tells me you have to have a star QB to win. Darnold isn’t even at the “good” stage yet.

When Darnold is great... I’ll entertain that we don’t need great weapons for us to win. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Stephen Hill?

Guilty. That was the Quinton Coples 2012 draft.  The one where Rex promised Coples at the combine that he would be the pick if there (ending all doubt about who controlled the 1st round of every Rex-Tanny draft.)  I liked the Hill pick and I was giddy after game 1 against Buffalo with his two TDs.  And then someone kicked me right in the nuts. 

• Like 2