2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

14 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

I think the dumbest thing you can do is draft a guy that has red flags in the top 15. Theres just too much talent to risk it. So many issues can happen on the field as it is. 

I agree, both you and EKILL08 have a strong point.

Listening to the Jets radio on my Echo before and I’m unsure who the ‘expert’ they had in as I missed the start (I believe it was Shaun O’Hara) but they were debating what we’d do if the O-lineman and receivers went early and we were left with a Simmons or Brown (blue chip defenders) 
He said a good idea would be to draft Brown!! 🤯🤯🤯

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

DET- QB/CB

NYG- OT/LB/WR

MIA- OT/QB/DT

LAC- DT/LB/OT/QB

CAR- DT/OT/QB/WR

AZ- WR/DT/LB/OT

JAX- WR/DT/OT/QB/CB

CLE- OT/S

We might have to go Wide Receiver.

7 teams in front of us can possibly draft a Tackle. No way we have all 4 rated above Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy

Man I’d love Andrew Thomas to fall to us. He was a top 5 pick. Then the worst of the top 4 OT now he’s the stud again. Just crazy time!! 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

DET- QB/CB

NYG- OT/LB/WR

MIA- OT/QB/DT

LAC- DT/LB/OT/QB

CAR- DT/OT/QB/WR

AZ- WR/DT/LB/OT

JAX- WR/DT/OT/QB/CB

CLE- OT/S

We might have to go Wide Receiver.

7 teams in front of us can possibly draft a Tackle. No way we have all 4 rated above Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy

Thats my thoughts. I could be wrong... but I doubt JD has all of the 4 OTs ranked ahead of even 1 of the WRs.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Man I’d love Andrew Thomas to fall to us. He was a top 5 pick. Then the worst of the top 4 OT now he’s the stud again. Just crazy time!! 

He's the safest bet of the OTs to be solid at the NFL level. With this virus he might go higher than originally thought.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

It happens every year. Guys get tired of talking the top guys.

When we were 1-6 who were we all talking about? Thomas/Jeudy/Okudah/Young

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Thats my thoughts. I could be wrong... but I doubt JD has all of the 4 OTs ranked ahead of even 1 of the WRs.

It makes too much sense. JD doesn't seem like the kinda guy to just overlook talent and lock into a specific position. That's why he went with the depth approach in free agency.

Once Wills/Wirfs/Thomas leave the board and we haven't picked yet I'm pretty sure Gase will be blowing up his phone asking for Ruggs.

Realistically if Thomas/Wirfs/Wills all go before we pick and we go with our favourite receiver how far could Becton fall!? 

Like is it possible he hits in the 20’s? If so how much would be have to package up to maybe go get him. If we could maybe package #48, #68 & #79 for #20 & #103. May have to throw in a future 5th or something like that. 

Could have our desired WR, Becton and then either Taylor (Edge) or Ojemudie (CB) at #103. And still have our 4th, 5th and both 6ths. 

• Like 1

Hard to see Becton falling past TB given their win now mode and huge need for an OT.

Even if he does I wouldn't get your hopes up that he falls to us in round 2.

I like Jones a lot even at 11 as a talent but I just realized he's 23 and I'm not a fan of older prospects.

Still on the fence with Becton but if all three OTs are gone I might get my secret wish that Ruggs is wearing a Jet uniform next year.

• Like 1

I was reading an interesting article from PFF. They argued that the most important thing an OL can do is not make a mistake. A good play by OL doesn’t contribute much to winning but a bad play has a material impact. So basically be neutral and don’t mess up. We kind saw that with our OL and bad penalties or missed assignments that were drive killers.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that we signed guys who hardly ever get penalized. Wish I had penalty stats for these prospects. All I was able to find is that Wills took bad penalties at bad times and showed mental lapses. He could be one of the 4 that we don’t like.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hard to see Becton falling past TB given their win now mode and huge need for an OT.

Even if he does I wouldn't get your hopes up that he falls to us in round 2.

I like Jones a lot even at 11 as a talent but I just realized he's 23 and I'm not a fan of older prospects.

Still on the fence with Becton but if all three OTs are gone I might get my secret wish that Ruggs is wearing a Jet uniform next year.

Yeah I’m thinking more since the drug test issue. Maybe TB go with Jones or Jackson? 

I don’t think he’d fall to our second obviously. We’d have to trade back up for him no doubt. 

Baring trade ups... I still think only 2 OTs go before us to Arizona and Cleveland. A trade up or 2 can really change that though.

With no trade ups I see Arizona drafting Wirfs bc they like his athleticism and fits their system good.

Cleveland can't afford the risk, so they draft Andrew Thomas who has the lowest floor of any of these guys. He's the safest OT of the group.

This allows Jedrick Wills to fall to us and we draft him. This is my 3 days away thoughts ;)

This is with no trades my mock.....

1. CIN: Burrow

2. WAS: Young

3. DET: Okudah

4. NYG: Simmons

5. MIA: Tua

6. LAC: Herbert

7. CAR: Brown

8. ARI: Wirfs

9. JAC: Henderson

10. CLE: Thomas

What I will say is that I know there's a 99.9% chance this doesn't happen. Their will be surprise picks and more than likely at least 1 trade. 

These are the 3 things for me that can shake things up.....

1. NYG maybe go OT

2. MIA doesn't like Tua and goes OT

3. MIA does like Tua and drafts him but LAC don't like Herbert so they go OT.