Dunder Mafia Paper Company - Everyone Wins, Daboyle Loses

Daboyle

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Well, I just read Blue's thoughts and I think this made sense alot:

It's premeditated thought. If Squire was just trying to pull himself out of harms way to not go to OT thats one thing he could have done a throwaway vote, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing in the moment.

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

FWIW I’m positive I’ve seen squire do this before as town. I think a scum squire would have likely let it go to OT and let the chips fall where they may. 

I'm not entirely sure I'm following here, but since Squire was tied up with the other two and wasn't voting for either of them, he had to throw his vote on either Finn or Heimdallr since putting it on a "throwaway" would have led to OT--in which case he may as well have not voted at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

FWIW I’m positive I’ve seen squire do this before as town. I think a scum squire would have likely let it go to OT and let the chips fall where they may. 

Maybe I'm different, but most of the time I dont let that go to OT regardless of alignment if I'm in Squire's spot

Just now, Blue said:

I'm not entirely sure I'm following here, but since Squire was tied up with the other two and wasn't voting for either of them, he had to throw his vote on either Finn or Heimdallr since putting it on a "throwaway" would have led to OT--in which case he may as well have not voted at all.

I’m saying I’ve seen town squire save himself in a similar scenario. What else is there to follow? 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I’m saying I’ve seen town squire save himself in a similar scenario. What else is there to follow? 

I was confused by Josh's phrasing about a throwaway vote and wasn't sure exactly what you meant based on that lack of clarity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Maybe I'm different, but most of the time I dont let that go to OT regardless of alignment if I'm in Squire's spot

You act like that first part is a question? (Teehee) 

I think scum squire would work more towards the WIFOM angle of it knowing he could save himself in OT easily (especially since people would take notice that he didn’t just vote to save himself) if need be. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

As I said, I don't think I thought that through well enough. I guess my issue is the matter in which it happened at the absolute zero barrier of timing. Like, I was advised to do something similar in The Night Santa Went Crazy and it comes off as a scummy move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I was confused by Josh's phrasing about a throwaway vote and wasn't sure exactly what you meant based on that lack of clarity.

I think he’s just hinting towards the overall feel of a last second vote to save yourself. In one of his first games he was scum with me and I advised him to do something very similar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

As I said, I don't think I thought that through well enough. I guess my issue is the matter in which it happened at the absolute zero barrier of timing. Like, I was advised to do something similar in The Night Santa Went Crazy and it comes off as a scummy move.

@Blue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The context is quite a bit different between what squire did and what you were told to do. Yours was a few days in and it was pretty widely accepted that you were scum (with some moderate hesitation). 

I told you to do that as a last ditch effort to save yourself for 1 more day to make use of your move. 

with this situation, there was only a couple people that thought squire was scum (I think one of his votes tho was just to put him in the tie IIRC) and he could have just as easily let it go to OT and then save himself if need be.