Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

12 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Woke up today to find out that my boss has decided to give every employee a $500 bonus added onto their checks this week as an employee appreciation bonus for everyone working through all this. 

Still not used to working for people I genuinely enjoy working for.

Still don't understand why this is such a rarity in America. You would think that history would show that the companies that took care of their employees instead of worrying about net worth or shareholder value tend to do much better.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Let's be nuanced when called for. My wife would laugh in your face if you said this to her. Hospitals are still operating with other units, sometimes 3-4 of them, converted into ICU wards. Drugs are still scarce. PPE is still being used longer than it should be. Reopening the economy in Chicago would be an absolute disaster right now.

Reopening the economy is not an on/off toggle. 

I think we're ready in places like San Diego. But I wouldn't touch yours obviously. This is a complicated situation. And the places that can't deal with the spikes should be left alone. The ones that can should. It's going to be a yo yo or whack a mole aspect to all this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLO said:

The real question is who cares about what one doctor who is from the armpit of CA has to say? I saw people pushing this one “doctor” on Facebook, and he was just some chiropractor saying to drink tonic water. I’m sorry, but I’ll believe the likes of Fauci and Birx before whichever random doctor some right wing propaganda network finds to prop up. 

They bring up some good points. I don't know what's so bad about listening to a different perspective. Has Fauci ever even mentioned the immune system?

50 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Chicago is in Illinois. There’s not enough PPE.

Somehow I missed Chicago.

All of the local rescue squads were sent a bunch of surgical masks a couple weeks ago. It'll be nice to have on hand but we'll probably never use them

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's an immunologist and he had his same position during the HIV/AIDS crisis. 

I am aware. All I hear about is washing hands and social distancing. Do they talk about doing things to improve your immune system to help you fight it off?

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I am aware. All I hear about is washing hands and social distancing. Do they talk about doing things to improve your immune system to help you fight it off?

There really are a disturbing lack of Flinstones vitamin commercials during the press conferences.