Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Vox looks at three different scenarios about how to "reopen" the economy and feels apprehensive.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/10/21215494/coronavirus-plans-social-distancing-economy-recession-depression-unemployment

the entire country and media should be apprehensive as hell. The  IHME "model"  -- the thing that the WH has based everything around-- was proven catastrophically wrong today.  It's almost like people who try to fit data without understanding underlying mechanisms should shut the hell up. 

2 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

You specifically said its because they have a large border.  In factual reality, most of that border is defined by rivers. While a lot of people might be crossing, I highly doubt it's by swimming across.

So there are these things called roads... And when those roads meet Rivers we build these things called Bridges....:P

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

You specifically said its because they have a large border.  In factual reality, most of that border is defined by rivers. While a lot of people might be crossing, I highly doubt it's by swimming across.

Its still a land border... 

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

the entire country and media should be apprehensive as hell. The  IHME "model"  -- the thing that the WH has based everything around-- was proven catastrophically wrong today.  It's almost like people who try to fit data without understanding underlying mechanisms should shut the hell up. 

Link? 

I dont trust the IMHE model either but if you are referring to the fact that its predictions are wildly different from reality, that's been the case since day 1

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah that's going to go over well, lol.

I mean it doesn't really bother me personally, I couldn't care less if people know where I am... But I don't think I'm in the majority on that one.

From the Vox article (this is the CAP plan):

The entity that hosts the data must be a trusted, nonprofit organization—not private technology companies or the federal government. The app could be developed for a purely public health nonprofit entity such as the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)—an organization that represents state health officials—which would host the data. Congress or foundations could provide funding to develop and operate the technology. States licensing the app could provide ongoing operational funding to ASTHO, provided states receive federal funding for this purpose.

• Additional protections must include the following:

• The amount of data needed and shared must be minimized

• This system must be transparent

• Data must be collected, secured, and stored within the United States

• Data must be automatically deleted after every 45 days

• The sharing of data with the federal government, except for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), must be prohibited

• The sharing of data with state and local government agencies that are not public health agencies must be prohibited

• The sharing of data with third parties and the sale of data must be prohibited

• Any data shared publicly must be anonymized

As a condition of receiving a COVID-19 test in the future, individuals may be required to download the app, which would include their test result. For others, the app would be voluntary, although the vast majority of people could be expected to download it to see if there are cases in their neighborhood or near their workplace.

Just now, mission27 said:

No I'm asking what are you referring to that its been proven wrong today?  Did someone publish a takedown?

people have pointed out its flaws since the preprint went up.  it uses the error function to model with simple idiot-;level parameter fitting for a problem that is governed by the type of math I've already beated you over the head with and you ignored.

We just set a new record for most daily deaths today.   Reality has refuted their "model"