DeMaurice Smith unanimously reelected as head of NFLPA.

cp0k2

On 9/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, drd23 said:

I hope all the players (and fans) are getting prepared for the inevitable lock-out in 2021

I hope the players aren't.

If the players are saving for a lockout then there's less chance they'll cave in like last time and more chance of actual lost games, which is the last thing I want.

On 21/09/2017 at 2:39 PM, texans_uk said:

Voters have no shame. If they didn't care enough to look him up before, you think they cared when news broke after? 

People always bash politicians for being dumb, but just remember these obvious liars and crooks get votes from the population. As Winston Churchill once said, "democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried". 

On 9/20/2017 at 1:58 PM, Forge said:

I feel like its similar to when people who don't pay attention to politics, but want to vote, and just vote for the guy who's in office or who's signs and billboards they remember because he's the one they know and they don't know anyone else on the ballot. I'm pretty sure that people who are deceased have been elected / re-elected into office because of that (I know a city in California elected a dead guy as treasurer last year).

In 2000, Missouri elected Mel Carnahan to the Senate a month after he died in a plane crash.  I definitely voted for the dead guy. :D

On 9/20/2017 at 9:45 PM, buno67 said:

IMO its hard for them to really stand up against them. Their careers are already so short and with contracts not being guaranteed, its hard for players to truly strike because they will miss out on money. Unlike MLB and NFL. NFL prime is a lot shorter, so players wouldnt want to miss a year of their prime. NFL has the worse players union/cba  

Yeah, the players are in a real bind due to an average of 5 year careers and with thousands of college players ready to take their jobs. Very hard for them to strike and the NFL knows it has them over a barrel.

Archived