Bucky Mock Draft #2. COVID 19 quarantine edition.

buckyMBA

Samantha-2.jpg

Bring Back:

- Tyler Ervin ($1.2 million)

- All EFRA's (Lazard, Lancaster, Tonyan, etc... $2-3 million)

- Lewis ($1.5 million)

Free Agent wish list:

- Paul Richardson / Tyler Gabriel . Slot WR

- Damon Harrison. DT

- Logan Ryan / Damarious Randall 

Draft:

#30: Jalen Raegor School: TCU Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 5'11″ Weight: 195

usa_today_13292027.jpg

Excellent footwork and skills upon release and pivot points of route tree when defender is forced into commitment. Great at contested catches and at manipulating his body on off body throws. Twitchy with home run speed, can take your top off or work underneath. Struggled at times with consistency and concentration on bringing ball in, brings his head up / eyes around before ball is secured. Only a effort blocker in run game, will not move NFL caliber D-backs up-field on run plays.  

(Also considered:  Damon Arnette [CB-Ohio State],Jeff Gladney [CB-TCU], Shenault Jr. [WR-Colorado], Kenneth Murray [MLB-Oklahoma], Denzil Mims [WR-Baylor])

#62: Julian Okwara School: Notre Dame Position: OLB Class: Junior Height: 6'4'' Weight: 252

5c2d302be28ac.image.jpg?resize=1200,874

Outstanding get off with ability to convert speed to power and stress a tackle and collapse the pocket. Excels at hand technique in close quarter combat. Needs work on power moves as his success has been limited to rip, swim, bend, and body angle / surface reduction moves. Struggles to set edge, more of a penetration run stopper at this point. I expect this pick to be packaged to move up to either secure Okwara, Damon Arnette [CB-Ohio State] if he drops, or one of the top RB's with Aaron Jones in need of a new contract next year. 

(Also considered: Any RB's that fall [Dobbins, Akers, Taylor, or Swift] ,Cole Kmet [TE-Notre Dame], Van Jefferson [WR-Florida], Brycen Hopkins [TE-Purdue], Damon Arnette [CB-Ohio State])

#94: Alohi Gilman School: Notre Dame Position: S / Dime MLB Class: Senior Height: 5'11'' Weight: 202

Alohi-Gilman-2.jpg

Physical and stout with great tackle contact, plays like a "heat seeking missile." Experience playing in second level and near line of scrimmage. Rapid processor of information usually puts him near the football on every play. Excellent zone coverage reps near line of scrimmage, wasn't asked to drop deep or play man. If Pettine can play to his strengths, versatility and tackling, he should be able to carve out a 3rd down role on this team. Special Team MONSTER!

(Also considered: Jake Fromm [QB-Georgia], Tyler Johnson [WR-Minnesota], Sewo Olonilua [RB-TCU], Mohamed Barry [LB-Nebraska])

#136: Albert Okwuegbunam School: Missouri Position: TE Class: RS Junior Height: 6'5'' Weight: 255

1181253186.jpg.0.jpg

May have to move up from 4th round, but with 2021 compensatory pick projections I don't see wasted draft capital being spend to get Okwuegbunam. Has outstanding size, straight line speed, and catch radius. Doesn't block to his ability but not a result of his size. His game consists of stretching the seam and other deep routes, and short area play actions blocking leak outs. Injury history may cause him to fall. Great TE2 prospect with the ideal mentor (Lewis) to bring his game to the next level. 

(Also considered: James Morgan [QB-FIU], Lynn Bowden [WR-Kentucky], AJ Dillon [RB-Boston College])

#175: Bravvion Roy School: Baylor Position: DL Class: Senior Height: 6'1'' Weight: 320

ncaa-big-12-championship-baylor-vs-ou-ar

Thick and powerful frame that eats up blockers in the run game and frees MLB's to flow to the ball. Gets skinny and slips through gaps as perpetrator when turned loose. Has great juice off the ball that catches OL sleeping. Efficient hand fighting allows him to keep OL of his fram and stay clean in the phone booth. Great athlete for his size. Downside is that his arms are short and his pad level is high for a 6'1'' DL. 

(Also considered: Colby Parkinson [TE-Stanford], Quintez Cephus [WR-Wisconsin], Davion Taylor [MLB-Colorado])

#192: Francis Bernard School: Utah Position: LB Class: Senior Height: 6'1'' Weight: 230

RAG_7168.jpg

Has the athleticism to stay with RB's in man coverage or walk out to slot and cover for a short period of time. Former running who's mental understanding of run games puts him in great position to fill and find ball carrier in the hole. Excels at tracking down plays from the backside. Lacks ideal size but has shown flashes of pass rush ability both inside and out. Character concerns from freshman year at BYU will cause him to fall in draft (underage DUI).

#208: A.J. Green School: Oklahoma State Position: CB Class: Senior Height: 6'1'' Weight: 199

Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2.21.39-AM.png?x35760

Great reps and experience in both zone and man coverage. Excels at press man, with great hip, acceleration, and change of direction skills. Lacks ideal strength at the position so can lose bump coverage against bigger WR's. Seen as an ankle bitter tackler against WR's and RB's. Will be acceptable to pass interference calls as he can be grabby with ball in the air, despite being in the right position to make the play. 

#209: John Runyan School: Michigan Position: OT Class: Senior Height: 6'5'' Weight: 321

gettyimages-1052279586-e1568849167813.jpg

Premier pass blocking tackle. Natural in pass sets. Shows smooth and natural mirror technique and stout when making initial contact. Usually wins because of hand placement and leverage. Lacks lower body strength even for a college tackle which takes away run blocking prowess. The weight room will determine whether Runyan can be a viable starter in 3-4 years or a career backup. Lacks strength and tenacity to move inside to G. 

#236: Reggie Corbin School: Illinois Position: RB Class: RS Senior Height: 5'10'' Weight: 200

1026466278-850x560.jpeg

RB version of Lynn Bowden. Top tier quickness with above average long speed. Human joystick. One of top home run hitters in the entire 2020 RB / WR class. However, you do not want Corbin blocking for your QB, especially if his name is Aaron Rodgers. Lacks experience as a pass catcher, which should be mitigated with LaFleur's screen game. 

#242: John Penisini School: Utah Position: NT Class: Senior Height: 6'2'' Weight: 333

MMKJHDW5GBBGLMO3FUFSSWRDZQ.jpg

Impossible to move of line of scrimmage. Demonstrates great technique: low leverage, powerful first step, hand usage to stack and shed, and strong upper body strength. Plug and play 2 down run stopper. Lacks foot speed and stride length to be pass rusher. Lacks ideal length to be tackle for loss monster. Will free LB's to ball but is just a step off from constant TFL's. 

Edited by buckyMBA

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No to the first round WR.

No to the undersized edge rusher.

No to the defensive back who can't cover.

No to the short NT

No to the second NT of the draft.

Agree, only caveat is that Okwara May have some room to grow into what we currently look for at OLB. Hate that projection in the 2nd love him in the 4th at the earliest though. 

Reagor an ok pick but that id literally it.

Taylor Gabriel would be a nice get.

OLB in round 2 is senseless the Packers have 3 good ones now

CB pick maybe but the Packers have at least 3 good safeties now,

Chicks were cool.

Damion Harris would be a nice pickup but God no on Randall.

Rounds 2 and 3 should be OL  for sure and maybe either DL, TE, or ILB

Undersized Edge Rusher? I take it you just make things up in your head and pretend they sound smart. Lets see who was an edge rusher with similar height weight ratio's at the combine. 

MIL597654.png

Von Miller   

Height: 6-3   Weight: 246   

6a3f0333-53a7-429c-8edd-f1344a66a95c-USATSI_13218901.jpg?crop=3001,2722,x544,y80

Khalil Mack 

Height: 6-3   Weight: 251

You might say "Okwara is 1 inch taller", I say "its an inch!" If you don't know the unit of measure just look down, its about that size.......

• Like 1

I appreciate the time you took to put this together but this one is not my cup of tea. I am a Notre Dame fan and those two picks made me plug my nose. I'd OK with Okwara 62 if we didn't need an OT so badly. Also, 62 might be a little rich. Gilman at 94 is a no go for me. 

No way Randall comes back to Green Bay. Snacks is washed up.

AJ Green the CB should only be drafted if we expect him to play Safety. Not a fan of Okwara either. Like the Runyan pick, but he'll probably have to move inside. You give us the reason why we shouldn't even bother thinking about Corbin other than as a RS. Albert O is going to be a bust in the league; very D!ck-Rod-esque. I hope we draft the last guy just because the first five letters of his last name are phallic...

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

No way Randall comes back to Green Bay. Snacks is washed up.

AJ Green the CB should only be drafted if we expect him to play Safety. Not a fan of Okwara either. Like the Runyan pick, but he'll probably have to move inside. You give us the reason why we shouldn't even bother thinking about Corbin other than as a RS. Albert O is going to be a bust in the league; very D!ck-Rod-esque. I hope we draft the last guy just because the first five letters of his last name are phallic...

Albert O's 4.49 suggests otherwise regarding Richard Rodgers. He may not be able to catch, but he's a better prospect than Rodgers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Albert O's 4.49 suggests otherwise regarding Richard Rodgers. He may not be able to catch, but he's a better prospect than Rodgers. 

Except Albert O's route running is crap. We never questioned his speed, but he runs his routes like D!ck-Rod...

1 hour ago, buckyMBA said:
Undersized Edge Rusher? I take it you just make things up in your head and pretend they sound smart. Lets see who was an edge rusher with similar height weight ratio's at the combine. 

MIL597654.png

Von Miller   

6a3f0333-53a7-429c-8edd-f1344a66a95c-USATSI_13218901.jpg?crop=3001,2722,x544,y80

Khalil Mack 

You might say "Okwara is 1 inch taller", I say "its an inch!" If you don't know the unit of measure just look down, its about that size.......

Dude, look at the current guys starting at that spot on this roster. Does Okwara look like either one of them? Look at the guy we just drafted at #12. Does Okwara look like him? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckyMBA said:

MIL597654.png

Von Miller   

Khalil Mack 

Omg, come in! He’s not near the player they were/are No matter what size he is. If that’s all you got there are dozens of guys that size every year that end up being FA’s. 

You might be right on him but make an argument please. 

Edited by MantyWrestler