2020 FFNBA Draft - Quarantine Edition- Discussion Thread

amac

Just now, Bullet Club said:

The main thing I see as an issue for some teams is diminishing returns and going all out for offense. My team has a myriad of issues as well but I hope to address those with my next few picks.

I’m definitely looking at fit over pure talent and numbers for some of my upcoming picks.

• Like 1

The main thing I see as an issue for some teams is diminishing returns and going all out for offense. My team has a myriad of issues as well but I hope to address those with my next few picks.

yeah i mean some teams are probably gonna get a nice 2k bump but im building mine without 2k in mind really. a team only needs so many creators.

i really have nothing to do working from home - happy that i can be working but bored - so this thing has been a god send lol 

Just now, champ11 said:

yeah i mean some teams are probably gonna get a nice 2k bump but im building mine without 2k in mind really. a team only needs so many creators.

i really have nothing to do working from home - happy that i can be working but bored - so this thing has been a god send lol 

Seriously. This has been my #1 focus over the last week out of having nothing else to do. I actually went the other way. I made the trade for Giannis because I feel like 2k would value Giannis more than Siakam and Shai even if in reality my team is likely worse for it. I feel as though I can make that up with proper teambuilding the rest of the way.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I think Dame/Jrue is a pretty ideal 2-way backcourt and Tobias/Gobert is a pretty ideal 2-way front court.

Still plenty of wings available and then I gotta build a bench. 

Just now, DalCowboyzRule said:

I think Dame/Jrue is a pretty ideal 2-way backcourt and Tobias/Gobert is a pretty ideal 2-way front court.

The lack of size at guard is a minor issue but overall I think that's a well balanced group that would fit well together.

The lack of size at guard is a minor issue but overall I think that's a well balanced group that would fit well together.

Jrue’s length allows him to play way bigger than he is so not too worried there. He guarded KD in a playoff series a few years back haha.

Dame’s defense sucks but he’s a top 8-10 player offensively so I’ll deal with that, lol.

2 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

I'm not a Tobias guy - like at all - but Jrue and Dame is fantastic. That's a really good trio with those two and Gobert 

3 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Jrue’s length allows him to play way bigger than he is so not too worried there. He guarded KD in a playoff series a few years back haha.

Dame’s defense sucks but he’s a top 8-10 player offensively so I’ll deal with that, lol.

Yeah, pretty minor issue. 

19 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Seriously. This has been my #1 focus over the last week out of having nothing else to do. I actually went the other way. I made the trade for Giannis because I feel like 2k would value Giannis more than Siakam and Shai even if in reality my team is likely worse for it. I feel as though I can make that up with proper teambuilding the rest of the way.

I almost made the move for Giannis but thought about fit with Harden and Morant and figured KAT with his range and not needing to dominate the ball were a better fit.  Trying to add guys that space the floor for Harden. I was nervous about the Harden/Morant fit but figured it has been rather successful with CP3 and Westbrook so went with it. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I almost made the move for Giannis but thought about fit with Harden and Morant and figured KAT with his range and not needing to dominate the ball were a better fit.  Trying to add guys that space the floor for Harden. I was nervous about the Harden/Morant fit but figured it has been rather successful with CP3 and Westbrook so went with it. 

Harden and Giannis on the same team in theory would be insane but in reality would be a time bomb.

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah. I'm going for pure balance since I didn't get an elite player. Only player who can't play both sides of the court is Beal, but with Brogdon and Tatum I can hide him.

Brogdon-Beal-Tatum-JJJ with FVV and Morris off the bench as of now.