Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Steelers

Madmike90

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Old school football sure worked yesterday, but I kind of think the Steelers are not as good as they have been in recent memory.  Really don't see that working against other better teams, or am I wrong? 

No, you're right. Love me some Tarik Cohen, but relying on a running back to do everything for the offense isn't sustainable.

Actually, I have to rephrase: expecting Cohen to do everything with only a horizontal checkdown passing game isn't sustainable for a 16-game season.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

No, you're right. Love me some Tarik Cohen, but relying on a running back to do everything for the offense isn't sustainable.

No QB makes us have an impossibly thin margin for error. Mitch has to be the guy under center (or shotgun ;) ) against the Vikes.

51 minutes ago, G08 said:

Biggs said he thinks Trubisky will start week 8 @ the Saints (bad defense, followed by a bye week for us).

Not a bad way to walk him in, but you're pretty much forfeiting the first half of the season if you're doing so. I want to let Trubisky get time in, but I know we're not a playoff team.

Rather not watch Donald, Leonard Williams, etc go one pick before us yet again. So these surprise wins might not be what Pace was hoping for. lol

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Not a bad way to walk him in, but you're pretty much forfeiting the first half of the season if you're doing so. I want to let Trubisky get time in, but I know we're not a playoff team.

Rather not watch Donald, Leonard Williams, etc go one pick before us yet again. So these surprise wins might not be what Pace was hoping for. lol

I don't think the Bears should be worried about draft pick positioning this year, and you can bet the coaching staff won't be.  

They already got their QB and Pace has shown in the past that if he wants a guy bad enough then he will move up to get him.  This team needs to start winning and building confidence.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think the Bears should be worried about draft pick positioning this year, and you can bet the coaching staff won't be.  

They already got their QB and Pace has shown in the past that if he wants a guy bad enough then he will move up to get him.  This team needs to start winning and building confidence.

I agree they shouldn't be, but of them are so worried about winning then why would they be fine with Glennon's performance? 

Maybe they have a set deadline like previously mentioned for Trubisky to come in, and they are just being steadfast to that. Idk, but the QB play has been an abysmal failure for all but 2 of 12 quarters IMO. Players have to question accountability when Glennon doesn't seem to have any. 

Archived