Bills Sign OT Daryl Williams

Kmart128

This is a major get for us. He was my top target last year in free agency. Was shocked when he resigned for only a year. He should compete to start at either RG or RT. 

Will be interesting to see what we do with Feliciano and Ford. I expect there to be a rotation again.

LT - Dawkins/Nsekhe
LG - Spain/Long
C - Morse/Long
RG - Ford/Feliciano
RT - Daryl Williams/Ford

Really love this! We still have the draft and this offense looks like and NFL caliber roster without any major holes. Can’t remember the last time this happened.

3 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Ford was a major disappointment imo. Hes gonna have to earn his place on this team now clearly.

Dawkins, Spain, Morse only starters etched in stone. Feliciano should have heads up at RG so Ford gonna have to battle  Nsheke and Williams 

Earn a starting role yes, he’ll be on the team though 100%.

the Bills listed Williams as a G/T in the press release so I think it’s fair to assume he’ll compete for time at both. 

I really think people are underestimating how Ford finished the season. He probably is best off at Guard but I would still trust him over Nsehke and Williams outside. 

15 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Reading he struggled with his injury last year... Joe B thinks he’s going to be a fringe roster guy. Interesting! Might be more depth than starter material. 

Yeah I would tend to agree with this sentiment.

I think the Bills knows it's likely to be a shorten off-season and they want guys they know and are comfortable with. As I said in a different thread, I think Williams is more competition for either Nsehke/Long than he is pushing to start. 

I think this move is essentially replacing Waddle's position, ideally I would like for him to be resigned to compete too. Depending on the contract with Daryl and if they sign Waddle it would be interesting to see who wins the spots as I could see Ty being the odd man out. Ford played almost 70% of snaps on offense  while Ty played 34% at RT, if you thought Ford was a bad option then you would like to see ty not be out there as ford seemed to over power ty for starting RT. I know Ty got injured a couple of games but after week 2 Ford started seeing more and more snaps. So I am not sold on moving ford to Guard just yet as I think he would have to lose out to Daryl in order to be pushed to guard. Competing in camp for RT is the smart move, if ford beats out Daryl then they need to cut Daryl. Hopefully they resign waddle at some point and see what he can do. If Ford loses out to RT I can not picture him taking over Feliciano spot this year, he would likely be back up to both positions as Feliciano has had a strong performance last year. Long term I could see them putting Ford in to RG as Feliciano may want a pay day once his contract is up after the year. Since they signed spain, morse, and expected to extend dawkins, Feliciano will be the odd man out. 

Edited by soflbillsfan