Jets Pick at 11

goldfishwars

I'm certainly leery of Becton. We've been burnt by athletic freaks before.

I like both jeudy and Lamb as talents that could really help Darbolds development and give him someone with grow with as opposed to how dirty we did Sanchez by constantly taking away his top receiving options. 

The problem is, that since I've been a fan, the only time we've really been successful was with a strong offensive line that could grind out some yards and protect the qb. As risky as becton is, I've gotta go with him in this spot.

Ideally thoug, we are able to trade a third or fourth for Williams and use the 11th on a wr.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Tougher than Moss was.

I think his speed shows up on the field more too. But all in all not a bad comp.   He put up some really nice seasons,  no telling what he'd have done with better QB play or in today's wide open offense. 

If JD selects a tackle with pick 11, I’ll be happy because I trust he can evaluate lineman. However, I’m not really feeling Becton. He looks sloppy. I don't understand how he’s in the same conversation with Wills. Jeremiah and McShay have him highly ranked. I’m confused.

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If JD selects a tackle with pick 11, I’ll be happy because I trust he can evaluate lineman. However, I’m not really feeling Becton. He looks sloppy. I don't understand how he’s in the same conversation with Wills. Jeremiah and McShay have him highly ranked. I’m confused.

He’s raw but it’s the upside that’s intriguing. Guys that size don’t typically have that kind of mobility. Imagine a tackle who can handle power and speed. Pro coaching will do him wonders. If he even scratches his ceiling, matter of fact he doesn’t even have one. 

You can draft based of what a player is right now and you know what that’s okay but this is an opportunity to get an Elite potential All-Pro tackle. 

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Lowest floor,  but the highest ceiling.   He has done seriously jaw dropping blocks where he is just kicking dudes out of the club.   It's stuff you normally see when a superstar high school player is playing against a bad HS team. 

Then the next block he'll get a bit lost out there.   Ib think it's more mental and processing than technique. 

Ruggs is not a gadget player. He can run multiple routes and is gonna threaten defenses on any play.

I'm not sure though that he'll end up better than Jeudy, who was far more productive in college and was seen at the better player until Ruggs ran a 4.27. 

Both should be good. Jeudy is definitely gonna be great. 

I hear y’all on Becton. But he just looks like a guy who has been able to get away with being stronger and bigger than everyone. I’m no scout but his technique looks poor to me. Yes that can be taught but some of that is also muscle memory.  Got to imagine his D1 coaches tried to coach him up a little. Could also be that I saw Wills right before and he plays very sound. So I might be a bit harsh.

Edited by SDotNova