(Post Yours) Mock Draft Simulator version COVID-19-stuck-in-the-house-and-bored-as-hell

JAF-N72EX

If only there was some chance that this could actually happen...

CHI 43.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

CHI 50.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR Arizona State

CHI 163.
Anthony Gordon
QB Washington State

CHI 196.
Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

CHI 200.
Jake Breeland
TE Oregon

CHI 226.
Tanner Muse
S Clemson

CHI 233.
Bravvion Roy
DT Baylor

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:
If only there was some chance that this could actually happen...

CHI 43.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

CHI 50.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR Arizona State

CHI 163.
Anthony Gordon
QB Washington State

CHI 196.
Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

CHI 200.
Jake Breeland
TE Oregon

CHI 226.
Tanner Muse
S Clemson

CHI 233.
Bravvion Roy
DT Baylor

This will be AWESOME!!! Pace would definitely put the Bears back on the map with this draft!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackandBluBear said:

This will be AWESOME!!! Pace would definitely put the Bears back on the map with this draft!

Yeah...I think Wilson and Aiyuk have been first rounders in pretty much every mock I've seen. I think the ol' simulator may have a few bugs. xD

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

I'm really not sure Wilson is a good fit for all the motion Nagy seems to want out of his offense.  Picture the Chiefs in the SB and then picture this doing the same. He seems a lot like Massie to me with better rub blocking.  

I thought there was rampant speculation Wilson could play on either side, though? Ehh, whatever. Just saw a new mock that had us getting the OT from Houston. (Jones?) Wow. That would be something. 

Man,  just realized this sim had scouting reports built in.  My advice is: HUGE grain of salt,  exemplified by the below gem:

Positives: Small, feisty cornerback with solid ball skills. Quickly flips his hips in transition, mixes it up with receivers throughout the route and displays the ability to burst to the ball out of his plant. Does not bite on receivers’ moves and displays solid speed to run with opponents downfield and the ability to quickly close to the action. Battles to defend the throw and fires up the field against screen passes and running plays. Shows ability in man coverage as well as when he faces the action.

Negatives: Occasionally bites on receivers’ moves

• Like 1

Speaking of Jones, I like him a lot more than Wilson OT.  This mock was no-trades, but a lot breaking the Bears way IMHO

CHI 43.
Josh Jones
OT Houston

CHI 50.
K.J. Hamler
WR Penn State

CHI 163.
J.R. Reed
S Georgia

CHI 196.
Anthony Gordon
QB Washington State

CHI 200.
Josiah Scott
CB Michigan State

CHI 226.
Malcolm Perry
RB Navy

CHI 233.
Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

Went a different direction with this one. It's probably just as unlikely as my first:

CHI 43.
Prince Tega Wanogho
OT Auburn

CHI 50.
Bradlee Anae
DE Utah

CHI 163.
Quez Watkins
WR Southern Miss

CHI 196.
Benito Jones
DT Ole Miss

CHI 200.
Nate Stanley
QB Iowa

CHI 226.
Jake Breeland
TE Oregon

CHI 233.
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern

21 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Man,  just realized this sim had scouting reports built in.  My advice is: HUGE grain of salt,  exemplified by the below gem:

That's why we keep getting the wacky results. It has Jackson in the 20's, for example. 

CHI 50.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

CHI 68.
Laviska Shenault Jr.
WR Colorado
trade icon
CHI 120.
Robert Hunt
OT Louisiana
trade icon
CHI 163.
Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis

CHI 191.
Antoine Brooks Jr.
S Maryland
trade icon
CHI 196.
Benito Jones
DT Ole Miss

CHI 233.
Lamar Jackson
CB Nebraska

I went for depth and starters within the next year or so. If Leno goes down, we got Wilson. Hunt can wait a year. Shenault would be a #2/3 with Miller. Gibson is another tough runner with some speed to compliment Monty. Brooks is a possible first year starter. Jones is a huge monster and can probably play along the line in a Hicks type role. Jackson is depth and competition.

Edited by The_Romen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:
CHI 50.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

CHI 68.
Laviska Shenault Jr.
WR Colorado
trade icon
CHI 120.
Robert Hunt
OT Louisiana
trade icon
CHI 163.
Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis

CHI 191.
Antoine Brooks Jr.
S Maryland
trade icon
CHI 196.
Benito Jones
DT Ole Miss

CHI 233.
Lamar Jackson
CB Nebraska

I went for depth and starters within the next year or so. If Leno goes down, we got Wilson. Hunt can wait a year. Shenault would be a #2/3 with Miller. Gibson is another tough runner with some speed to compliment Monty. Brooks is a possible first year starter. Jones is a huge monster and can probably play along the line in a Hicks type role. Jackson is depth and competition.

Although I'm not thrilled about Shenault I can live with this draft if the rest turned out this way

CHI 43.
Grant Delpit
S LSU

CHI 83.
Tyler Biadasz
C Wisconsin
trade icon
CHI 95.
Donovan Peoples-Jones
WR Michigan
trade icon
CHI 118.
Jake Fromm
QB Georgia
trade icon
CHI 163.
Robert Hunt
OT Louisiana

CHI 196.
Benito Jones
DT Ole Miss

CHI 226.
Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

CHI 233.
Cheyenne O’Grady
TE Arkansas

Traded with Denver for 83, 95 and 118, I think for 50 and 200?

This was loading up on BPA at areas of need immediately and then drafting depth and development.

Delpit is a beast. A perfect compliment to EJax.

Biadasz is a solid IOL prospect. They'd have him, Whitehair and possibly Daniels battle out those starting spots. Ifedi and Spriggs will battle for a backup position with Runyan and Hunt.

DPJ can duke it out with Wims and Ridley for the #3. He's a versatile player and can play ST.

Fromm is a savvy, well-rounded QB. Played in the toughest conference. Was a winner. Nagy seems to like pocket QBs with good timing and presence. Can sit a year. If they suck in '20, he can be a cheap backup for a FRP.

Jones is my draft crush and I love his athleticism. Can play all over the line. Big boy.

Grady is a project and maybe doesn't love the game. He's worth a 7th.

I didn't address TE basically at all, but I think the O can get by with Graham, Grady, Holtz, Horsted and a few UDFAs.

Edited by The_Romen
  • Like 1