Jump to content
TL-TwoWinsAway

FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

Recommended Posts

For FFMD purposes, the Chargers deal looks awfully fair.  In real life I hope we get more but knowing how these go, I like it.  But definitely would want to wait on the Dolphins and see if they are interested in moving up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

For FFMD purposes, the Chargers deal looks awfully fair.  In real life I hope we get more but knowing how these go, I like it.  But definitely would want to wait on the Dolphins and see if they are interested in moving up.  

Absolutely.

The Dolphins didn't seem overly interested, responding with a "We're not that interested, but let us know if you want to make an offer" feel. I'm checking with the Raiders as well, and the Jaguars have thrown out a Ngakoue, #9 and picks for #3 and picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Raiders were to consider #12, #19 and #91 for #3, and we were to move #91 for Thuney, how would that be received here?

Random ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side note: it appears that, as of now, all "team free agents" are kept on their previous team's roster. That means that we have technically re-signed the following:

Kyle Sloter ($0)
Jermaine Kearse ($0)
Kenny Wiggins ($0)
Damon Harrison ($0)
Mike Daniels ($0)
Darius Kilgo ($0)
Jamie Meder ($0)
Tavon Wilson ($0)
Jack Fox ($0)

(Rashaan Melvin signed with the Jags in real life prior to the roster lock date. We'll get that fixed.)

That being the case, I think we should treat this as a "real life" scenario and "offer contracts" to those of interest. (Daniels and Wiggins have been mentioned, and I tend to agree.) We'll release the rest.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have no idea what an assistant GM is, not really something I was interested in.  Glad to give input on prospects non the less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey @Karnage84: you mentioned having a roster of all of the draft prospects. Can you provide that info? I'll get the prospect codes done today.

I have the combine list plus the pro days until they shut things down. Would have to see if I could put it into Google drive or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karnage84 said:

I have the combine list plus the pro days until they shut things down. Would have to see if I could put it into Google drive or something like that. 

No big deal. Really only need the names and stuff. I went to CBS and am working on randomizing the prospects by position groups. Gotta head to bed soon, so I'm trying to see how much progress I can make tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No big deal. Really only need the names and stuff. I went to CBS and am working on randomizing the prospects by position groups. Gotta head to bed soon, so I'm trying to see how much progress I can make tonight.

I can sort out the guys who fit the Lions profile and PM you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I can sort out the guys who fit the Lions profile and PM you.  

Definitely. That would be great. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I put together a quick top 100 prospect code list and sent it out to BigC, Karnage, LionArkie and Sllim. Just something to get us started, as the draft is Friday.

If you'd like a copy, please make it known and you'll have it.

(My bad, I wasn't clear: please refer to the draft prospects by their number on this list and not by name. It'll allow us to talk openly on here about draft plans and targets without revealing our intentions to the other teams.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have an interest in spending significantly more money at DE (Ngakoue) or OG (Thuney)? Or neither?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Do we have an interest in spending significantly more money at DE (Ngakoue) or OG (Thuney)? Or neither?

I'm on the fence about both.  I think it would depend on the contract.  If Thuney is half the cost of Ngakoue, I'd rather go this route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LionArkie said:

I'm on the fence about both.  I think it would depend on the contract.  If Thuney is half the cost of Ngakoue, I'd rather go this route.

Yeah, definitely. I'm leery of spending a lot on Ngakoue with Flowers already on a big contract.

It'll also be cheaper (in terms of draft value) to get Thuney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Side note: it appears that, as of now, all "team free agents" are kept on their previous team's roster. That means that we have technically re-signed the following:

Kyle Sloter ($0)
Jermaine Kearse ($0)
Kenny Wiggins ($0)
Damon Harrison ($0)
Mike Daniels ($0)
Darius Kilgo ($0)
Jamie Meder ($0)
Tavon Wilson ($0)
Jack Fox ($0)

(Rashaan Melvin signed with the Jags in real life prior to the roster lock date. We'll get that fixed.)

That being the case, I think we should treat this as a "real life" scenario and "offer contracts" to those of interest. (Daniels and Wiggins have been mentioned, and I tend to agree.) We'll release the rest.

Thoughts?

@LionArkie  @Louis Friend  @Karnage84  @BigC421/  @Sllim Pickens

Lets try to finalize our roster (as it stands right now).

Two votes:

1) re-sign Mike Daniels for 1 year, $4M

2) re-sign Kenny Wiggins for 1 year, $2M

If you want to re-sign anyone else, throw it out there with a price and length. If not, we'll release the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@LionArkie  @Louis Friend  @Karnage84  @BigC421/  @Sllim Pickens

Lets try to finalize our roster (as it stands right now).

Two votes:

1) re-sign Mike Daniels for 1 year, $4M

2) re-sign Kenny Wiggins for 1 year, $2M

If you want to re-sign anyone else, throw it out there with a price and length. If not, we'll release the rest.

I vote to re-sign Daniels and Wiggins. Assuming guaranteed money/dead cap is 50% or less of each of these contracts, then it makes sense to bring back guys at key positions of need on the cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×