FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, definitely. Interest really seemed to die down as we moved forward.

There used to be a bidding system for rounds 5-7, where teams would "bid" a draft pick on an available player. If that bid remained the highest bid for 24 hours, the team would get that player. It was a really good system and made the last few rounds exciting.

I think a lot of people, myself included, are not as familiar on the players and it gets hard to be involved.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That’s what I like about this.  Makes me do a little extra research on guys.  Makes draft day more fun. 

Same here. There are always guys coming out of the woodwork. This is especially going to be the case without the pro days causing some guy to blow up with a freaky workout. 

14 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If the Lions happen to draft a player that we selected in rounds 5-7, I'll be far more excited now than I would've been before FFMD.

I had that same feeling with: Miles Killebrew, Kerryon Johnson, Amani Oruwariye. Some guys have been more successful than others but it is fun when a guy you've scouted and identified becomes a pick on your team. 

• Like 1

@Sllim Pickens  @Karnage84  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend  @davisblack  @LionArkie  @Lionized

Gentlemen,

The FFMD II '20 awards have been announced. If you'd rather not click the link, they are as follows:

Best Blockbuster Trade: Chargers and Lions for #3 (47.4% of the vote)

Best Under the Radar Trade: Raiders and Browns for Delpit (32.4% of the vote)

Best First Round Pick: Jeffrey Okudah at #6 (67.6% of the vote)

Best Second Round Pick: Jonathan Taylor to the Chiefs (47.4% of the vote)

Best Third Round Pick: Damon Arnette to the Redskins (39.5% of the vote)

Best Fourth Round Pick: Donovan Peoples-Jones to the Steelers (42.1% of the vote)

Best Late Round Steal: Yasir Durant to the Jets (42.9% of the vote)

Best War Room: The Detroit Lions (40.5% of the vote)

Best Draft: The Detroit Lions (77.1% of the vote)

Great job everyone: it's nice to see our final product appreciated by those around FFMD. Credit to each of you: even when a vote wasn't in line with one's preference, not once did anyone in our forum get upset, argumentative or refuse to participate moving forward. The smokescreens wouldn't have happened without each of you doing your part, and were instrumental in the quality of our draft. Our Front Office was a place of the sharing of opinions and healthy discussion, and led to a great experience (and, for me, a lot more insight about various prospects).

It was a pleasure FFMDing with all of you. Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@Sllim Pickens  @Karnage84  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend  @davisblack  @LionArkie  @Lionized

Gentlemen,

The FFMD II '20 awards have been announced. If you'd rather not click the link, they are as follows:

Best Fourth Round Pick: Donovan Peoples-Jones to the Steelers (42.1% of the vote)

Great job everyone: it's nice to see that our final product appreciated by those around FFMD. Credit to each of you: even when a vote wasn't in line with one's preference, not once did anyone in our forum get upset, argumentative or refuse to participate moving forward. The smokescreens wouldn't have happened without each of you doing your part, and were instrumental in the quality of our draft. Our Front Office was a place of the sharing of opinions and healthy discussion, and led to a great experience (and, for me, a lot more insight about various prospects).

Wow. Kind of surprised TBH. 

Best draft? I thought we did pretty well but interesting to see it being recognized outside of our corner of FF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Gentlemen,

Great job everyone: it's nice to see that our final product appreciated by those around FFMD. Credit to each of you: even when a vote wasn't in line with one's preference, not once did anyone in our forum get upset, argumentative or refuse to participate moving forward. The smokescreens wouldn't have happened without each of you doing your part, and were instrumental in the quality of our draft. Our Front Office was a place of the sharing of opinions and healthy discussion, and led to a great experience (and, for me, a lot more insight about various prospects).

I really like the last two awards, credit to you TL for organizing.  It was a lot of fun and enjoyed the discussion with everyone.  Best draft with 77% of the vote is pretty impressive.  Good job gentlemen!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Wow. Kind of surprised TBH. 

Best draft? I thought we did pretty well but interesting to see it being recognized outside of our corner of FF. 

According to the writers, we got the 3rd and 8th best players at 6 and 14.  We also landed a 1st round talent in the 2nd.  I am guessing thats where we won this as none of our later round picks were up for any awards.  I would be pretty happy if the real draft turned out something like this. 

• Like 3

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

According to the writers, we got the 3rd and 8th best players at 6 and 14.  We also landed a 1st round talent in the 2nd.  I am guessing thats where we won this as none of our later round picks were up for any awards.  I would be pretty happy if the real draft turned out something like this. 

Makes a lot of sense. Being top heavy isn't a bad thing if you're grabbing the right guys at key positions of need. 

• Like 3

Best draft in a run away imo. If you told me we could leave the draft with  Okudah, Kinlaw and  Aiyuk and little else I’d be good with that. That’s 2 elite prospects on my board and another top 50 player at wr who could end up going in the 1st rd himself.  Still in hindsight not sure the trade up ended up being the best move buts its a bit of coin toss, I’m happy with the results none the less.  

I think the trade up for a Kinlaw should have been top trade personally.  

Just a kind of crazy scenario to ponder.  What if we go Brown at 6 and still make the Kinlaw deal. Resist the Aiyuk trade and grab Arnette at 65. Still grab Bredenson and have our 4ths . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Just a kind of crazy scenario to ponder.  What if we go Brown at 6 and still make the Kinlaw deal. Resist the Aiyuk trade and grab Arnette at 65. Still grab Bredenson and have our 4ths . 

It's intriguing. Had we known Arnette would've fallen, I think that could've made sense. (I'm a huge fan of adding one of the 1st round WRs this year, so I think I'd still want Okudah, Kinlaw and Aiyuk.)