FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

The Dolphins have expressed an interest in matching the Chargers' offer. I informed them that, if they wanted to just match, we'd just stick with the current deal from the Chargers.

The vote on that deal stands as: 3 yea (TL, LionArkie, Louis Friend), 1 nay (BigC, although he seemed like he was on the fence). If pick #3 goes OTC (11:20 A.M.) and Tua is available, the deal will be made official, barring at least 3 'nay' votes.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

The Kolorized Karnage Korner Update:

(Draft pick - prospect code)

#3 - 22, 32, 21, 55, 77

#12 - 82, 21, 11

#19 - 7, 75, 63, 36, 54, 42

#35 - 6, 3, 25, 48, 99, 13, 97 

#67 - 40, 15, 96, 53, 93, 79, 33, 73

The way the Karnage Korner is looking, it appears that the prospects stand as 22, 32, 21 or 77. I'd like to nail this down to make our pick easier tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The Kolorized Karnage Korner Update:

(Draft pick - prospect code)

#3 - 22, 32, 21, 55, 77

#12 - 82, 21, 11

#19 - 7, 75, 63, 36, 54, 42

#35 - 6, 3, 25, 48, 99, 13, 97 

#67 - 40, 15, 96, 53, 93, 79, 33, 73

The way the Karnage Korner is looking, it appears that the prospects stand as 22, 32, 21 or 77. I'd like to nail this down to make our pick easier tomorrow.

I'm fine with 22 or 21, there is no preference there for me for one over the other.  I'm a firm no on 77.  I will debate 32, but I don't think this is the right position in the draft for him. @TL-TwoWinsAway did you miss 55 or is he not in the discussion?

Edited by LionArkie

Just now, LionArkie said:

I'm fine with 22 or 21 at pick 3,5, or 6. I will debate 32. I'm a firm no on 77.  Is 55 off the discussion or did you just miss including him?

I'm fine with 22 or 21, there is no preference there for me for one over the other.  I'm a firm no on 77.  I will debate 32, but I don't think this is the right position in the draft for him. @TL-TwoWinsAway did you miss 55 or is he not in the discussion?

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is in the discussion. I definitely wouldn't be against it, but I'm nearly 100% certain that 22 will be there.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is in the discussion. I definitely wouldn't be against it, but I'm nearly 100% certain that 22 will be there.

22 Is definitely going to be there. I value the position of 21 probably higher than any other position and I think he is going to be the best out of this draft class. With this being said, I believe 22 is going to be an elite prospect, and you shouldn't pass on those.  Especially when it appears that's the position your organization values the most. So Im stuck between what would I do and what would the Lions do.

• Like 1

So, I think the conversation needs to be: if we're OTC at #6, we do the following (in this order):

1) Draft 22.

2) If 22 isn't available, we 

a) discuss our preferences between 32, 21 or 55, or

b) entertain the idea of moving down again into the 8-12 range.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So, I think the conversation needs to be: if we're OTC at #6, we do the following (in this order):

1) Draft 22.  - I'm in agreement

2) If 22 isn't available, we 

a) discuss our preferences between 32, 21 or 55, or - prefer 21, 32, 55 in this order

b) entertain the idea of moving down again into the 8-12 range. I would prefer this option if 22 is not available, but may prove to be difficult in the time slot we have. Lots of talent to be had at 8-12.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. We could potentially move down into that range and still find ourselves with 21.

Either way, I'll get some interest rolling in that direction as well, just in case it becomes a possibility.

Edit: there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from some of the teams in the 10-14 range. Not looking like trading down is a possibility. Which is fine: I think 22 will be available.

Edit edit: eh, Jacksonville is an active team sitting at pick #9. There might be something here.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Alright. In addition to all of this, I'd like to get some feelers out there on potential trades back into the mid-late 1st round, as there are tons of quality prospects in this range. (It's no secret that I have a raging man-crush on 42.)

We could:

Package #35 and #37 for #14-#15.

Package #35 and #85 for #26.

Stuff like that.