FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

@Karnage84  @LionArkie  @Sllim Pickens  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend  @Bishop86

The Saints are interested in trading down from #24. The pick is worth 740.

I mentioned #37 (530), #85 (165) and #168 (23), which totals 718. The Saints' GM likes it.

The value is on our side, we get to move up 13 spots to a prime area of the draft, and only lose the Slay 3rd round pick and a mid 5th. We still have pick #35, #67 and two 4th round picks. (This can, of course, be contingent on a certain player being available.)

I'm a huge fan of this. Huuuuge. Thoughts?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Just found it. Good job, gents. 

I'm not against a trade up but would want to wait and see who is there before giving up the extra capital. 

I don't disagree.

We could make a board of 10 or so players and have the deal contingent on one of those players being there. Something like that. That way, when we get closer (or on the clock), it won't take a lot of effort to make the trade official.

What pick are we at now? Like 8th or 9th? I'd like to wait until pick 19 or 20 and see how the board is shaking out before really starting to put together that kind of list. I think the parameters of the trade have been worked out, so it's really just whether an execution is in order or not. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

What pick are we at now? Like 8th or 9th? I'd like to wait until pick 19 or 20 and see how the board is shaking out before really starting to put together that kind of list. I think the parameters of the trade have been worked out, so it's really just whether an execution is in order or not. 

Sounds great. Pick 20 goes on the clock at 10 A.M. tomorrow morning.

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If they are looking for something in the 3rd/4th round range, I'd consider. 

Interesting. If we don't move up, I guess we could offer #85.

I think I'd rather draft a RB this year, as the class is deep, but one can't argue with Cook's ability.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Interesting. If we don't move up, I guess we could offer #85.

I think I'd rather draft a RB this year, as the class is deep, but one can't argue with Cook's ability.

Thats my thought too. pretty much but at that point in the draft, I like Cook better than the lotto tickets we would be drafting.  And would free up an earlier pick if we were to use it on a RB.