FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

Just now, Karnage84 said:

It's one way to look at it - #37 is playing with house money. 

I actually don't really like 85 for some reason. Maybe I need to watch him some more. He just doesn't feel right to me. I smell bust. 

I do think he is higher risk, and I think your nose could be right, but man, the athleticism is something this team really needs.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There are four picks between pick #11 (on the clock right now) and pick #15 (the pick being offered).

If we entered this mock leaving with Okudah and "__" (21, 16, 65, 38), without giving up extra draft picks, what would you think about that draft?

It's definitely one way to look at it.  But let's say you do Okudah, 21/16 (using these because they are my preference).  Would you rather have that or, 22, 18/6, 13?

Edited by LionArkie

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Great, important question: pick #15 goes on the clock at 7:20 P.M.

I am going to have to step away from this until at least some time tomorrow. I will support whatever decision that you guys decide to make. There are arguments for both sides of that deal. I'd rather stay firm at #35/#37 but Okudah and #21 would be... something special for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

It's definitely one way to look at it.  But let's say you do 22, 21/16 (using these because they are my preference).  Would you rather have that or, 22, 18/6, 13?

It's a compelling point. I can't necessarily disagree with it.

I'm of the belief that top-tier players make teams. I, of course, like 18 and 6, and I like 13, but I'd be just as fine with a 3rd round player at 13's position and 21. Adding 21 and 22 in this draft, with a 3rd round player at 13's position, and still having another 3rd round pick and two 4th round picks is, to be, a more valuable haul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's a compelling point. I can't necessarily disagree with it.

I'm of the belief that top-tier players make teams. I, of course, like 18 and 6, and I like 13, but I'd be just as fine with a 3rd round player at 13's position and 21. Adding 21 and 22 in this draft, with a 3rd round player at 13's position, and still having another 3rd round pick and two 4th round picks is, to be, a more valuable haul.

Who's your top 3 for pick 15?

Alright. Good idea. We'll put this to an official vote.

The Detroit Lions receive: #15

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers receive: #35, #37

This trade will be contingent on one of the following players being available: 21, 16, 65, 38. (Or others...)

What say you, people? 'Yea' or 'nay'?

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Who's your top 3 for pick 15?

I'm a sucker for players like 65 and 38... short-term, long-term, whatever-term. Considering our roster, I think it both fills a need and gives us another dimension, especially considering what happens to the position next year.

I also love the thought of 21 and 16. Truly can't go wrong there, either.

If any of those picks fell to #35, I feel like we'd be running up to the podium with their name in hand. (I mean, not literally. I don't think they do that.) I just think it's insane to leave this draft with Okudah and one of those players... players that can legitimately evolve their position for this team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Alright. Good idea. We'll put this to an official vote.

The Detroit Lions receive: #15

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers receive: #35, #37

This trade will be contingent on one of the following players being available: 21, 16, 65, 38. (Or others...)

What say you, people? 'Yea' or 'nay'?

Yea

38>65

21>16 

is my vote