FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

56 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'd like for us all to discuss Mr. Forrest Lamp, OL, LAC: 6'4", 310 lbs, just turned 26 years old. Early 2nd round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Regarded as a versatile tactician on the OL.

He tore his ACL in training camp as a rookie, then broke his fibula last year. As a result, he has only 9 games played entering his 4th year in the NFL.

It appears as if LAC brought in Trai Turner to give them a reliable starter at OG, making him (potentially) expendable. We aren't in that position: out of all of our bodies at IOL (outside of Ragnow), he'd likely be our best.

I don't think the asking price would be too high, and we'd get to see what he has during his pivotal 4th year to know if we should keep him around.

Thoughts?

Would like to see if we could get him for a 4th or even a 5th

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'd like for us all to discuss Mr. Forrest Lamp, OL, LAC: 6'4", 310 lbs, just turned 26 years old. Early 2nd round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Regarded as a versatile tactician on the OL.

He tore his ACL in training camp as a rookie, then broke his fibula last year. As a result, he has only 9 games played entering his 4th year in the NFL.

It appears as if LAC brought in Trai Turner to give them a reliable starter at OG, making him (potentially) expendable. We aren't in that position: out of all of our bodies at IOL (outside of Ragnow), he'd likely be our best.

I don't think the asking price would be too high, and we'd get to see what he has during his pivotal 4th year to know if we should keep him around.

Thoughts?

I wouldn’t do higher than a 4th for him. 

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I wonder if we can manage to get a late 4th and trade that for Lamp. Maybe move down with one of our 3rd round picks and get a 4th?

Dahl has been really good depth. I'm indifferent on that trade.

Dahl is okay, but IMO has had multiple chances to step up and earn a spot with all the injuries along the line the last few years and just hasn’t. I’d rather keep Beau Benzschawl for depth at IOL and get a pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Dahl is okay, but IMO has had multiple chances to step up and earn a spot with all the injuries along the line the last few years and just hasn’t. I’d rather keep Beau Benzschawl for depth at IOL and get a pick. 

Makes a lot of sense.

I'd vote yes. Anyone else prefer to keep Dahl over a 6th round pick?

Just now, LionArkie said:

I’m indifferent to Dahl for a sixth. Hate to deplete a group even more. Does anyone else think a 4th for lamp is too high?

I just checked: the Panthers 6th is early (185). I think that helps to sway me.

I'm checking with the Chargers about Lamp, seeing if we can do an early 5th or late 4th. If we could add Lamp and trade Dahl, I'd say that's an upgrade.

• Like 2

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm checking with the Chargers about Lamp, seeing if we can do an early 5th or late 4th. If we could add Lamp and trade Dahl, I'd say that's an upgrade.

I’d be better with a 5th for lamp.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Lamp, Beau, aboushi, Wiggins, benenoch drafted player

Edited by Lionized
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

4th might be a good spot to draft a G. This is not an issue if Lamp Can stay on the field. Just some thoughts on it.

So: we cap our Lamp offer at our early 5th? If they insist on more, we're out?

Not against that. I think you're right: we could probably draft an OG in the 4th without the injury history, and that's significantly younger.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1