FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

@Karnage84  @Sllim Pickens  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend  @LionArkie  @Bishop86  @Lionized

Alright. Big one.

Tampa Bay is interested in the below trade:

Detroit Lions receive: #14 (1,100)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers receive: #35 (550), #37 (530), #168 (23) = 1,103

The TVC value is nearly exact, and would give us one of a bunch of near-elite prospects. (My personal favorite is 65, but we'd be guaranteed one of 65, 21, 16 or even 38. Someone.)

Looking at it this way: it would almost be like we took Okudah at #3 and one of these prospects fell to pick #35. That's one heck of a deal.

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Any feedback on offering #35 and #37 (and possibly throwing in a late 5th) for pick #14? We could walk away with 65 and really blow this thing open. (Okudah and 65 would be an absolutely nasty draft. Championships, people.)

The real question is - would that lead us to a championship? As much as I like the player (and I do), I feel like the difference between him and players like 54 or 38 or even 71 aren't worth giving up two other guys that could be difference makers. 

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@Karnage84  @Sllim Pickens  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend  @LionArkie  @Bishop86  @Lionized

Alright. Big one.

Tampa Bay is interested in the below trade:

Detroit Lions receive: #14 (1,100)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers receive: #35 (550), #37 (530), #168 (23) = 1,103

The TVC value is nearly exact, and would give us one of a bunch of near-elite prospects. (My personal favorite is 65, but we'd be guaranteed one of 65, 21, 16 or even 38. Someone.)

Looking at it this way: it would almost be like we took Okudah at #3 and one of these prospects fell to pick #35. That's one heck of a deal.

I have mixed feelings on this.  Do we go with top end talent here or wait and see what falls?  There is still a lot of good talent that would normally go in the first of other drafts to be had in the second.  We have a lot of holes to fill.  With that being said, that is a nice trade.  Personally, I know you love 65, but I'm not there for that position group.  With the two seconds, I'd feel better about spending one of the picks on that group or would prefer to wait until the third.  I might be in the minority, but that's where I'm at.

Edited by LionArkie

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Understood.

I know that I'm bigger on 42 than most, and I completely get it. I'll hold off on pushing him at #24, but I'd really hope that, if he falls to #35, you guys would have my back in grabbing him there.

I am pro 42 - as either a late 1st and definitely at #35. 

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I have mixed feelings on this.  Do we go with top end talent here or wait and see what falls.  There is still a lot of good talent that would normally go in the first of other drafts to be had in the second.  We have a lot of holes to fill.  With that being said, that is a nice trade.  Personally, I know you love 65, but I'm not there for that position group.  With the two seconds, I'd feel better about spending one of the picks on that group or would prefer to wait until the third.  I might be in the minority, but that's where I'm at.

What he said ^

24 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Any feedback on offering #35 and #37 (and possibly throwing in a late 5th) for pick #14? We could walk away with 65 and really blow this thing open. (Okudah and 65 would be an absolutely nasty draft. Championships, people.)

21, 16 ,  65 , 82 would all be real nice picks there. It’s a tough call for sure

I will also say I have an absolute man crush on 21. I think he is going to end up being one of the first picks in a couple of years on a redraft.  But would I rather have, lets say 6 and 13 in the second than 21? I think I would.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

Alright. They want to move down one spot and offer pick #15. As a result, the 5th round pick would be removed.

We have to remember: we would be taking a player at #15 for picks #35 and #37. In other words: it's essentially that whatever player we draft at #15 would have fallen to pick #35, and we didn't trade down from #3.

I think it's a great opportunity to land a near-elite prospect.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Alright. They want to move down one spot and offer pick #15. As a result, the 5th round pick would be removed.

We have to remember: we would be taking a player at #15 for picks #35 and #37. In other words: it's essentially that whatever player we draft at #15 would have fallen to pick #35, and we didn't trade down from #3.

I think it's a great opportunity to land a near-elite prospect.

It's one way to look at it - #37 is playing with house money. 

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I could compromise with 42 at 35 unless some magic way 85 falls there.  Then I want 85.

I actually don't really like 85 for some reason. Maybe I need to watch him some more. He just doesn't feel right to me. I smell bust.