Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

We are OTC boys - I've still got a couple of edge guys that I like and the same goes for the WR group, so I think I'll wait on those positions and make a move up if they start going off the board.  I don't have a safety I like in this current range.

One guy I'm considering to give us some splash out of the backfield is Darryton Evans from App State - good wide zone fit.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

If we want an edge that has the ability to be a starter, Darrell Taylor is there 

Definitely on my list of short guys - twitchy and strong, but needs refinement - our speciality.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

The rb?

Yeah I do not get that selection at all if it happens.  Evans at RB when all of these guys are there, no thank you.  

AJ Dillon Boston College JR
Eno Benjamin Arizona State JR
Zach Moss Utah
Joshua Kelley UCLA RS
Anthony McFarland Maryland RS SOPH
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy
James Robinson Illinois State
Michael Warren II Cincinnati JR
Sewo Olonilua TCU
Lamical Perine Florida
Patrick Taylor Memphis
Rodney Smith Minnesota RS
Malcolm Perry Navy
Tony Jones Jr Notre Dame RS JR
DeeJay Dallas Miami FL JR
Salvon Ahmed Washington JR
Darius Anderson TCU
Reggie Corbin Illinois RS

Evans is among the most explosive players in the draft at the position, and a perfect fit for a wide zone team - a lot of the players you just listed provide nothing different than what we already have

Just now, RpMc said:

Evans is among the most explosive players in the draft at the position, and a perfect fit for a wide zone team - a lot of the players you just listed provide nothing different than what we already have

What about burgess for our glaring hole at safety?

Just now, RpMc said:

Do what you wish, but if you draft a RB in the 3rd round then why would you trade for Tevin Coleman?  You believe five RBs will make the roster then?  Mattison, Coleman, Boone, Abdullah and said rookie Evans.  

Taking a RB third round for a team in need of a lot of things is foolish I feel.  Would make a lot more sense if Coleman was not in the RB group.  Rather have speed at WR than RB even though sure it is a need but again then why trade for a RB similar to the ones we already have.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Do what you wish, but if you draft a RB in the 3rd round then why would you trade for Tevin Coleman?  You believe five RBs will make the roster then?  Mattison, Coleman, Boone, Abdullah and said rookie Evans.  

Taking a RB third round for a team in need of a lot of things is foolish I feel.  Would make a lot more sense if Coleman was not in the RB group.  Rather have speed at WR than RB even though sure it is a need but again then why trade for a RB similar to the ones we already have.  

In the scenario you've put out there, Evans would take Abdullah's spot on the roster - keeping us at the four RB's we had last year, and Coleman doesn't HAVE to make the team - he was just insurance and worth it for a sixth round pick.

I'm not locked in on Evans, but was leaning that direction given his ability to impact the backfield, receiving game, and return game.