FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

The deal is good value but 18 picks is a lot of talent off the board. 

Do 4 4th rd picks make the roster?

For us, this year... yes.  We need depth/ST players.  Badly.  Plus, with only 6 picks, it makes the wacks easier...

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

The deal is good value but 18 picks is a lot of talent off the board. 

Do 4 4th rd picks make the roster?

If one of the top 5 RBs last to 67 it makes the trade look a lot better. Also, we can definitely package two of those 4th rounders to move back up in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Why would they trade UP and Matt Breida for a CB... neither us or the Jets were gonna take one.

We  had a significant drop in graded players after Johnson that we would reasonably draft (we weren't going to draft another receiver) and the Falcons were actually very much debating on taking Johnson, which was a wrinkle. We also didn't know what would happen with trades for the picks in between. Once Terrell went off the board, we had to jump because of the difference. The Breida thing is negligible for us. He was in the dog house last year and got all of 23 carries from week 11 through the super bowl, and almost half came in garbage time against the Vikings in the playoffs after Coleman got hurt. We are still sitting with Mostert, McKinnon, Coleman and Wilson. Just wasn't worth it to pay Breida the 3.5 million dollars he was due to make. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

We  had a significant drop in graded players after Johnson that we would reasonably draft (we weren't going to draft another receiver) and the Falcons were actually very much debating on taking Johnson, which was a wrinkle. We also didn't know what would happen with trades for the picks in between. Once Terrell went off the board, we had to jump because of the difference. The Breida thing is negligible for us. He was in the dog house last year and got all of 23 carries from week 11 through the super bowl, and almost half came in garbage time against the Vikings in the playoffs after Coleman got hurt. We are still sitting with Mostert, McKinnon, Coleman and Wilson. Just wasn't worth it to pay Breida the 3.5 million dollars he was due to make. 

Wow... thanks for the explanation.  That actually makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for swinging by.

Haven't done a lot of work on CB's this year.  Why is the kid from Auburn falling??  He had a rd 1 grade in some places...

2 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Wow... thanks for the explanation.  That actually makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for swinging by.

Haven't done a lot of work on CB's this year.  Why is the kid from Auburn falling??  He had a rd 1 grade in some places...

Honestly, I think that the middle class corner market, the guys with fringe  first round grades are plentiful. Similar to the receiver market to be honest. I mean, you can go look at mock drafts and Aiyuk is a first round pick, but he's still available in this one, as is Shenault. I think it's just one of those scenarios where there are so many that someone has to fall, you know? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I think that the middle class corner market, the guys with fringe  first round grades are plentiful. Similar to the receiver market to be honest. I mean, you can go look at mock drafts and Aiyuk is a first round pick, but he's still available in this one, as is Shenault. I think it's just one of those scenarios where there are so many that someone has to fall, you know? 

Gotcha... thanks.... I didn't know if he fell or what.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Are we taking Cush if Detroit falls through?  We are waiting on their GM

Its Cush vs. Naing vs. Prince vs. top RB choice.... 

Final Trade Offer from Detroit, waiting final approval. It's looking good though.

49 (2nd round), 198 (6th round)

for

67 (3rd round), 109 (4th round), 112 (4th round) and 183 (6th round)

FWIW Trade Value Chart for this is pretty much dead even. 

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Dugger should be considered.  VW/UG3 ain't gonna cut it.  

Wallace from Clemson may be more pro-ready.  IDK if a kid, no matter how good he is, is ready to go from Lenoir Rhyne to the NFL as a starter.

• Like 1