Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

Literally my two powers were to deflect moves that were put on my (excluding doomfist, which is how I knew he existed and had an unblockable hit) and I knew Rags role. 

It totally did not click that they hit me last night until this comment chain. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

It was me. I lied pretty much 100% yesterday. My power was to deflect, and the only thing I would not deflect was a doomfist hit. Holy crap, how did I not realize this? Alcohol is a hell of a drug. Jesus I feel dumb.

Okay then. I'm once again at a loss for what [currently unclaimed hero]'s power could be.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

or none, I think it is just a weird thing to go off of

especially since the top two vote getters were civ so they might not have felt pressured to place their votes somewhere specifically to save a mafia

That is possible.  Especially considering how spread out the votes were.  Unfortunately, the way last night ended, scum could essentially pretend to wring their hands at such a misfortunate circumstance.  

However, I think it's a very good place to at least begin looking, which is why I want to put some pressure on those guys.  

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Okay then. I'm once again at a loss for what [currently unclaimed hero]'s power could be.

Currently unclaimed hero? Youve lost me. You know exactly who I am. 

"With lightning-quick swipes of his wakizashi, Genji reflects an oncoming projectile and sends it rebounding towards his opponent."

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Currently unclaimed hero? Youve lost me. You know exactly who I am. 

"With lightning-quick swipes of his wakizashi, Genji reflects an oncoming projectile and sends it rebounding towards his opponent."

Right. I didn't think genji was the one with a redirect. In hindsight its makes sense though. I just don't know what the other hero I was thinking of's power could be.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Actually tho - if it was me they targeted i am super annoyed it didnt bounce back and kill a mafia. It bouncing to an 'other' is weak. 

I take that back. The only fair way to process my power would have been to put the 4 mafia and 2 others in the random gen and let fate pick the death. So it does make sense. 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

That is possible.  Especially considering how spread out the votes were.  Unfortunately, the way last night ended, scum could essentially pretend to wring their hands at such a misfortunate circumstance.  

However, I think it's a very good place to at least begin looking, which is why I want to put some pressure on those guys.  

Personally, I think it's more likely their votes were elsewhere. Even if you think one person was scum, that's 1/6 ratio compared to 3/18 ratio, the same probability. Then if you factor in the probable likelihood that no mafia voted for you, then you're looking at 4/18 ratio compared to 0/6. 

They had no reason to really be any part of that vote last night. If anything, they would have avoided it with it being so close with two civs at the forefront.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Literally my two powers were to deflect moves that were put on my (excluding doomfist, which is how I knew he existed and had an unblockable hit) and I knew Rags role. 

It totally did not click that they hit me last night until this comment chain. 

Ok I'm confused. Did I miss where it was cleared up that you didn't initiate the early night yesterday?

Archived