Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I'd go the other route: get rid of the people who are potentially throwing up a lot more flak to confuse the rest of Overwatch, which could cause us to lynch another innocent. If someone is inactive, they're more likely to miss the vote and get eliminated. Take out the bigger risks.

This is exactly where most all games go and all that ends up happening is the most active people tend to be civ and the mafia skates by. then next thing you know there is next to no activity  And good conversation because the rest all blame each other. I don't believe there is anyone set to inactive die and I wasnt recommending to go after those ones, just the ones who have done enough to stay alive.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Woz said:
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

From a meta perspective I wouldn't be against an early dome lynch. His 3rd consecutive game, 4th ever. Last two he was civ and (rightfully so) got by on a newbie pass for the entire game. At this point any competent mafia player would tell him to keep that act up, so maybe we should eliminate that issue early?

Not the worst active lynch suggestion ...

Early D1.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, LionsFTW said:
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Which isn't particularly damning I don't think

Three options here...

1. Mafia sticking up for mafia

2. Mafia sticking up for civ

3. Civ sticking up for someone he doesn't know is mafia or civ. 

I'm just going to throw this out there.... people were hating on my math.

Image result for Generation x suck it gif

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, Woz said:
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, LionsFTW said:
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:38 PM, Woz said:

Well, let's throw in option #4 (for completeness' sake): Civ sticking up for mafia because ... I dunno ... being a jerk?

Doesn't fit the narrative. 

So the logical strategy that comes out from that is "screw everyone over" since sticking up for someone is a 2/3rd's chance of being a mafia member. Of course, the outcome of that strategy helps only the mafia so ...

Mafia don't like to be lynched for the wrong reasons.....

On 9/27/2017 at 3:38 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I see no reason to hold onto this observation at this point: Based on my ability and how it was described to me, I am confident that CLASS MATTERS. If you're unfamiliar with the game, there are 4 classes, offense, defense, tank and support. I theorize that certain heroes will have a hit that only works on certain classes. So when thinking about mafia, among them are usually 1 or 2 roles that can make hits, yes? My guess is that 2 out of the following 3 (all characters whose primary role in the game is to get kills): Reaper, Widowmaker, Doomfist, have hits that are class dependent. Reaper is a tank killer, Widow can one shot every non-tank in the game except Bastion (defense), and Doomfist can also one shot every non-tank except Bastion, but only in certain situations (victim must be hit into a wall). As Mcmurry also pointed out, Sombra is most definitely a role blocker. 

I have a few mafia reads after reading up

McMurry- was letting his OW knowledge flow early, but then started getting a bit tight lipped about it. Perhaps he realized how little most players here know about OW and that in trying to pose civ he was helping a bit too much? I don't have a strong mafia read on him, but if he's mafia then that is going to be very troublesome. Just think we should keep an eye on him, definitely too valuable to lynch.

Dome- Just scummy post after scummy post. Plays dumb. Tries to be helpful and get a vote down without actually providing anything of substance.

Matts- I am always weary of people who suddenly decide to start taking control/leading a bandwagon. He is a big gamer, I know that doesn't automatically make you knowledgeable of OW but I get the feeling that he is feigning ignorance.

For those of you who know RMIB...would he be the type to include a scummate in this early of a list?

On 9/25/2017 at 11:07 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

From a meta perspective I wouldn't be against an early dome lynch. His 3rd consecutive game, 4th ever. Last two he was civ and (rightfully so) got by on a newbie pass for the entire game. At this point any competent mafia player would tell him to keep that act up, so maybe we should eliminate that issue early?

I hate this argument.  This is the exact argument scum would make as an excuse to put down a vote on a teammate.  You know no one will follow this line of thinking, so it allows you to bus without concern of getting a teammate lynched.  

On 9/27/2017 at 6:51 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:
On 9/27/2017 at 6:45 PM, LionsFTW said:

Dome, what would you say if I told you I am 70% sure you are mafia, and I think lynching you tells us more information than any other, regardless of what side you're aligned?

I don't know if it gives us more info, but I still like a dome lynch

This is one of many posts by both james and Lions about dome being scummy D1.  

Enough to where I don't think it was bussing.

I know most people have them in the townie pile...but I like finding things like this.  

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought james was cleared as Lucio.

I forget who is cleared as who.  

Not to mention, so many people being cleared as players really worries me.  I would not be surprised if one of those cleared players is scum in hiding.  So I want to go back and look at voting patterns from earlier on.  

Archived