2020 Round 1, Pick 2: Washington Redskins select DE Chase Young, Ohio State

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's awesome to see.  I like guys who are dedicated to their craft.  Also probably doesn't hurt he's going to be joining some ex-Buckeyes teammates, and a super talented group of defensive lineman- a group where he could be the best in a couple seasons.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think it was Simmons and Okudah.  I don't think they ever seriously considered QB.

That could be.  I'm going off the list of published visits, and neither Simmons or Okudah were on that.  That list was Burrow, Young and Tu'a, so I am making an educated guess based off that.  

Chase is an awesome athlete. I wonder if he could be a two way player- DE and TE on short yardage and red zone. Before you think I’m crazy- remember the bears used the refrigerator, colleges do this, remember Deion at CB and WR? At most weird was Theismann as a punt returner abs punter 

Edited by Doc Draper

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Chase is an awesome athlete. I wonder if he could be a two way player- DE and TE on short yardage and red zone. Before you think I’m crazy- remember the bears used the refrigerator, colleges do this, remember Deion at CB and WR? At most weird was Theismann as a punt returner abs punter 

Interesting idea.

The Texans did some of this with JJ Watt in the red zone. He caught 3 TD passes on 13 offensive snaps back in 2014-15. I guess they stopped doing it once he started getting hurt, but that was at the height of his power and it seemed to be a pretty effective RZ gadget for them for a while. 

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

The season that Sean Taylor passed they started deploying him at WR some.  I could see it.  

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I ordered my shirsey. 

I really dislike the Nike jerseys. I badly miss the Reebok jerseys that were sandwiched between the cheap ones and the authentics. Everything was still stitched on but they weren't as nice as the authentics.